Amerisuites in FLL was a nightmare

jennew

After reading all the posts I think we were very lucky. We got off the Westerdam on Sunday, waited till we saw the Amerisuites shuttle and then flagged it down. Got to the hotel at 11am, waited and got into our room at noon. We had stayed there 4 yrs ago and were disappointed that the hotel looked tired and very worn, however, our room was very clean, the toilet worked and we had plenty of towels and dishes. We walked over to the Publix market (very new and nice) got some salads and a ready cooked chicken and returned to the hotel. The staff was very nice to us. Of course this was a Sunday not a usual cruise boarding day. We caught the shuttle in the am to the airport and it worked very well. We had stayed 3 nights at Extended Stay prior to cruise (couldn't get valuetrip rate at Amerisuite; Extended Stay was cheaper). It was ok.....nothing more. Did not like having no maid service for 3 days, altho we could exchange towels. The staff was very nice there as well, but if I had to choose again I would pick Amerisuites. Hopefully Hyatt will upgrde the hotel. Oregonduck.

We booked the Amerisuites and have a confirmation BUT did not give them a credit card, didn't have to, they will hold the rooms until 4 PM. are they going to give my rooms to someone else? We are going Presidents week, so they have been sold out for a while now.

Are their cabs in front of the Amerisuites readily available?

How is the breakfast?

The other posters were complaining they recently paid $129 for the Amerisuites which is peak season. You paid $50 pre-Wilma, which is OFF season for your Amerisuites room,

[/size][/font][/size][/font]

it has everything to do with it. I'd be a lot more lax about a $50 per night dump than a $129 per night dump.

As a traveler, if you CHOOSE to travel peak season, then EXPECT to pay peak season rates.

Whether off season or peak season, it still doesn't change corian's opinion on the comparison between the two properties in respect to dollar value.

Coiran, perhaps you shouldn't have made some of us jealous that you paid $50.00 off season or not.:p Plaeeeeese:rolleyes: , next time you want to make your point would you just say you too paid $129.00.:D LOL

We booked the Amerisuites and have a confirmation BUT did not give them a credit card, didn't have to, they will hold the rooms until 4 PM. are they going to give my rooms to someone else? We are going Presidents week, so they have been sold out for a while now.

Are their cabs in front of the Amerisuites readily available?

How is the breakfast?

They will call a cab for you and they arrive fairly quick. Good luck getting to the breakfast buffet and finding a place to eat it. We took ours back to the room.

We are booked here on the 10th - yes just a week away. We don't get in until around 7 pm so there should not be a problem getting into our room and we know its not 4 star. We wanted something in the 17th street area for a reasonable price with a Publix nearby and I am sure this hotel will fill those requirements.

Can anyone tell me the name of the mexican restaurant in the same parking lot? How far is the Publix?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry I guess I messed up and posted after reading page 1 only! Must be that I need a cruise fix.

Oh I agree. I stayed there in December. Worst Hotel experience ever!

1) Overbooked and even rebooked our room! We had other guests walk into our room around midnight! Apparently, they had thought our room was open and gave away the key.

2) What free shuttle?

3) Put us in smoking room even though non-smoking was confirmed 2 days earlier

4) Workout room? Lol...

5) Breakfast buffet had terrible fruit. Rotten apples.

we sailed on Jewel of the Seas on Jan. 14 and fellow passengers complained about this hotel. Will watch to see if Hyatt makes it decent. We stayed there in 2000 and it was not too bad but my husband who is picky really did not like it so we have not booked it since.

Thanks for the information on the restaurant. At least it is getting rave reviews. Glad we only have one night to stay in the hotel. Won't expect too much just hope they don't give our room away as we arrive late.

I will be sure to post how it was on my return.

Dear CCers,

I have asked the Hyatt when they plan on doing renovations to this property and make it a "Hyatt Place". I have been given a number to call which I will do and let you know on Monday....I have researched Hyatt Place and it appears to be a stepdown from a Hyatt but with the same amenities...any one stayed at a Hyatt Place?

LHC

Dear CCers,

I have researched Hyatt Place and it appears to be a stepdown from a Hyatt but with the same amenities...any one stayed at a Hyatt Place?

LHC

LHC, Hyatt Place is not so much a "stepdown" then an attempt to capture a segment of the market they are missing. Marriott has the Courtyard brand and Hilton has the Hilton Garden Inn brand. With the acquisition of Amerisuites they can create there own brand overnight to compete head to head with the other two.

One thing for sure, it will be a step UP from Amerisuites.;)

http://www.hotelmotel.com/hotelmotel/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=192762

We are leaving from Saskatoon on the 10th through Calgary and also arriving around 7:30 pm Westjet. Are we on the same flight from Calgary? Cooper family of 4, also staying at Amerisuites, hopefully its not as bad as it sounds since we dont leave on our cruise until the 12th.

Greig

We are staying at Amerisuites on the ll th also. Costa cruise leaves on the 12th of March. I am hoping , for all of us that our rooms are still there when we check in. We won't get into FLL until 7pm. I have also called already to confirm my room. I will also call again before we leave for the airport. I have read a few threads regarding showing up late, and there is chaos in the front lobby. I was wondering how often do they give away your room, if you show up late. Like I said, I will be calling to confirm that our flight is not coming in until 7pm and we will be there after 8pm. Let's hope for the best and be positive. Have a great vacation.

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with Trent on this one. If you read through this thread, it was not only this one day but apparently many other days as well. There have been more than just a couple of posts from people on this thread and the same thread on the main board from many others that have had problems there. I had read some not so favorable reviews before we booked but decided to roll the dice and gamble. I wish I had taken them more seriously. I do not think this was an isolated incident although I do agree that this particular day was probably worse than the usual. I also did not expect a four star hotel. I expected a decent budget hotel, which this was not. Remember this was not a free room. We paid $129 for that room and budget or not that is a decent amount of money. I would at the very least expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. We were not.

Gee things must have gone down hill fast!!!! We were at the Amerisuites on Dec 23 for a Dec 24 cruise date and had no problems what-so-ever! There were 12 of us and we had 3 rooms. One room did have problems with the toilet when we checked in, but it was reported and fixed within a half an hour. Checkin was at 3. We arrived at noon and had rooms right away. They were very clean and we had no problems getting extra set of sheets for the sofa bed. The morning of our cruise since we were so excited we woke up early and had the buffet breakfast when it openned to ourselves almost. Later in the morning it got crowded but by then we were done and busy packing. We got our rooms through Priceline for $65.00 a night so it was a bargin and well worth it.

One of the really nice things is that it is within walking distance to many resturants and shops. Yes it is a budget hjotel and can not be compared with the Marriot's but it is not a dump with poor service. We found the desk clerks very helpful and friendly dispite being treated rudely by some hotel guests who could do nothing but complain that they weren't being treated as if they were the only ones staying at the hotel and trying to get to the port. Yes we did wait an hour for the free shuttle to the port but we were still there before noon.

Momesu, wishin' she was back at Amerisuites waiting to leave on a cruise!

I called the number given to me by the Hyatt for details of the Renovations. The number was for AmeriSuites Central Reservations, she gave me the direct number for the property. (954) 763-7670

On talking with them the renovations are to begin in April, doing one floor at a time (not sure how many floors they have). I did ask if all reservations would be honored for later in the year and was informed yes..just need to verify with the hotel directly prior to coming.

LHC

Gee things must have gone down hill fast!!!! We were at the Amerisuites on Dec 23 for a Dec 24 cruise date and had no problems what-so-ever! There were 12 of us and we had 3 rooms. One room did have problems with the toilet when we checked in, but it was reported and fixed within a half an hour. Checkin was at 3. We arrived at noon and had rooms right away. They were very clean and we had no problems getting extra set of sheets for the sofa bed. The morning of our cruise since we were so excited we woke up early and had the buffet breakfast when it openned to ourselves almost. Later in the morning it got crowded but by then we were done and busy packing. We got our rooms through Priceline for $65.00 a night so it was a bargin and well worth it.

One of the really nice things is that it is within walking distance to many resturants and shops. Yes it is a budget hjotel and can not be compared with the Marriot's but it is not a dump with poor service. We found the desk clerks very helpful and friendly dispite being treated rudely by some hotel guests who could do nothing but complain that they weren't being treated as if they were the only ones staying at the hotel and trying to get to the port. Yes we did wait an hour for the free shuttle to the port but we were still there before noon.

Momesu, wishin' she was back at Amerisuites waiting to leave on a cruise!

Boy was your experience ever different than mine was...

Has anyone stayed at Extended Stay America Eff Studios SE 17th ST CSWY?

Does this property have a swimming pool? Any info would be a great help!

We are booked into the Amerisuites for 3 nights pre cruise but, after reading all the bad reviews, I'm kinda getting a bit scared.:eek:

Booked reservation in October through their own website, reconfirmed it, and when we showed up in December they had sold our reservation to someone else as well as a dozen or so other customers who were also upset about what they had done. Will never stay at another Amerisuites again. :mad:

Has anyone stayed at Extended Stay America Eff Studios SE 17th ST CSWY?

Does this property have a swimming pool? Any info would be a great help!

We are booked into the Amerisuites for 3 nights pre cruise but, after reading all the bad reviews, I'm kinda getting a bit scared.:eek:

Excellent hotel. No swimming pool. Don't let that stop you fom staying at ESA though. It's a lot nicer then the Amerisuites, you can grab a cab for the 5 minute ride to the beach. Restrooms and showers are available at the beach as well. Better yet, grab the water taxi. ;)

Excellent hotel. No swimming pool. Don't let that stop you fom staying at ESA though. It's a lot nicer then the Amerisuites, you can grab a cab for the 5 minute ride to the beach. Restrooms and showers are available at the beach as well. Better yet, grab the water taxi. ;)

Thanks Bequia, think we will be going with the ESA. (cheaper than the AS, also.):confused:

We are going Air Canada from Regina to Toronto and then to FLL. Coopeg2 are you on the Sea Princess?

Someone we know and trust has stayed at this property many time and although not fancy is fine for one night and clean in his experience. Lets hope we are okay.

Did not know Westjet few to FLL every day or where you just lucky?

Archived