Carnival Pride

aftermidnight

16 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Last report I'd seen she is going for drydock 2/03 - 2/16. Hope they haven't let her go too far downhill, we board her in 8 days for a 14 day Journey cruise!

Take care of her - we board when you return! 😉

Since she had a major refub done in 2014 (adding Guy's, Alchemy etc.) the most she will likely get in February is a minor mechanical type maintenance.  Based on the year she was built, she is now entering the time frame where she needs to be 'drydocked' for maintenance every 5 years.  They may do some minor cosmetic repairs. We were aboard this past September and she's in pretty good shape - the only thing I saw was a lot of rust on the exterior (we had a bowling alley balcony on deck 8 and the amount of rust on the overhang of our balcony was incredible 😞 ) and missing plating (don't know if that is the right word or not) above some balconies. BUT more importantly we still had an amazing time! Great crew and vibe on the ship.

During the VIFP gathering this past October I asked and was told "mechanical and stateroom maintenance" along with some "TLC".  I asked about USB connection in the staterooms but they would not confirm the addition.  In our stateroom the the orange color curtains were replace by blue/white ones matching the newer ships.  Also, while waking around the ship you can see that some staterooms already had new blue carpet replacing the old orange carpet.     

• Thanks 1