Steakhouse Question

3smithboys

We made a reservation today for the Steakhouse on the Breeze on the 6th night of our cruise (our anniversary) not realizing that it was the 2nd formal night. Our cruise isn’t until the summer, so there isn’t a rush to change anything but I am thinking that we shouldn’t miss the formal night to go to the Steakhouse and just pick another night? 

We we are a family of 5- and my kids will be 21, 16, 16  if that influences your recommendation. We didn’t want to go the 1st night so the 16 year olds could make sure to get to the teen club and meet the teens on the ship. 

We’ve been on several cruises before, but haven’t done Specialty dining. Also, how do I change it if I decide to go a different night? Thanks!!

I agree, don’t take the kids to the steakhouse, they will probably thank you for it.  

We often have this hard decision to make, we want to avoid going on elegant night but not wait too late.  This past cruise, we were originally booked for thanksgiving day, but changed because we didn’t want to eat late and be so full.  We also didn’t want to book on a port day and need to rush back.  My sister and I ended up ditching everyone else and the 2 of us went alone.  We had a very nice, quiet dinner.  This was the 3rd time for both of us and our teens were content doing their own thing and eating wherever they liked. 

One of my my nieces actually enjoyed the steakhouse in the summer but my other niece and my son are very picky eaters and do not enjoy that type of food, and it does not justify the money spent for them.  

Oh, to answer your other question, you can reply to the email and ask to change it.  We booked well in advance and got our confirmations but then a few days before, they asked us to change the time.  We agreed to the time change but then when we got onboard, we went in person to the steakhouse and they changed us to another day. You won’t pay until after the dinner, so they can adjust the schedule and should be able to accommodate, especially if it is just a party of 2. 

Thanks everyone! I guess I also should have said that we are also celebrating our son’s 21st birthday on the cruise too. He really wants to go to the Steakhouse, but his brothers may not care. I will talk it over with them and see. I think I am going to change it from the elegant night, though. I do remember the better food being served on those nights! Thanks for the reminder.

Also, if I do make a reservation for all 5 of us, but the twins make a lot of friends on the cruise and decide that they would rather not come, can I change the reservation on the ship without being charged for them?

My experience has been you can make changes to a steakhouse reservation up to and including the day reserved.  It's probably easier to delete people than to add them.

The steakhouse is a great place for a birthday dinner.  Be sure to note in your request that your son will be celebrating his birthday.