Explore4 Pinnacle question

Live4cruises

Our upcoming Prinsendam cruise includes a Pinnacle dinner compliments of Explore4.  It appears that we will be assigned a date and time.

On previous cruises on a variety of HAL ships, Pinnacle has been inconsistent for dinner, but we love Pinnacle lunches.  Has anyone had success changing a comp dinner to a comp lunch? If not, has anyone had success changing the assigned reservation time if it doesn’t suit?  It probably doesn’t matter, especially on Prinsendam where we expect to be among the lower star class, but we’re 3-star Mariners.  

Thanks for your input!

I would inquire with the PG on embarkation day. If i was to guess, i would think the change from dinner to lunch would not be a problem. Depending on the day/time you want to change your “assigned” PG dinner we haven’t had any issues. Star level really doesn’t come into play. Have a great cruise

We have been 5 star mariners since this program began.  Twice we had troubles getting the date and time changed for our free dinners from Explorer4.  That was because there were so many different offers going on, the Pinnacle was completely booked.  They even had to open at 5 Pm just to get everyone accommodated.  

You shouldn't have any problem getting the dinner changed to a luncheon.

You should have no problems either changing the date/times to the PG and they would probably be thrilled to have you ask for the luncheon instead as it is a cheaper price.

We too have usually been comped one PG dinner and we seem to always be assigned the very first night.  As soon as we get on board, we walk to the PG, speak with someone there at the desk and have ALWAYS gotten it changed to the night and time we would like.  Make it easy on everyone and write down a few options you are interested in changing to.

Have an awesome time on your cruise and enjoy the dinner and drinks.

Under X4 expect to get a reservation at 5:30 pm. You can get that changed but with so many X4 and 4 & 5* mariners it might be difficult to book a reasonable time. We'll be on for 21 days and get 3 free Pinnacles.I'll just go on first day and try to set them up for the entire cruise.

33 minutes ago, SeaBands said:

Under X4 expect to get a reservation at 5:30 pm. You can get that changed but with so many X4 and 4 & 5* mariners it might be difficult to book a reasonable time. We'll be on for 21 days and get 3 free Pinnacles.I'll just go on first day and try to set them up for the entire cruise.

In all honesty, it varies by ship and the number of people who have comp'd  dinners. On the Zuiderdam just three weeks ago, we got a card that told us to make a reservation. Nothing was booked for us.