Royal excursion Sport Fishing in Labadee

October17

I’ve posted in the Labadee part of the forum, but this section is more active... so, here goes: I have booked the RCI excursion “Sport Fishing” for the teenage boys and fathers in our group. But, I have not been able to find ANY information about it... did anyone here try it, or even see the boats etc? it is over 1000$ for the five of them. So I would dearly love to know something more about it. Reviews seem non existent...

42DFCE9D-D2A0-4D4E-8C00-E484B0AB72A7.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 2:16 PM, rockwallroses said:

I would like to know more about this as well

We just did this last week.  It was great! We didn't catch any fish, but it was still worth it.  There were 3 of us on our boat (2 boats went out) as well as the 2 employees.  We trolled, but had no luck.  The guides were knowledgable and friendly.  It was like a private tour while fishing.  The other guy on our boat was sea sick the entire time, so if you are sensitive to that I would skip it or make sure to have meds, etc.  The guys working were helpful with him as well. We did see plenty of "flying fish" and jelly fish.  

• 2 weeks later...

The guys liked their trip as well. There were 6 passengers on their boat, one fish (Barracuda) caught, the staff said it will be used to feed locals. So not catch&release. I will post more once I get them from their phones.

• 8 months later...

My wife and I went. Going deep sea fishing was a bucket list item for me, so we spent the extra money to go. 

It wasn’t worth it at all. The ocean was extremely rough and most of us spent the whole time trying not to get seasick. The captain told us up front we’d likely not catch anything due to the conditions - so if that were the case, they shouldn’t have brought us out, or at least had a backup plan (such as using live bait and/or fishing in shallower calmer water near the reef).  

Edited by Jmacz7155