upgrading from gty. inside to balcony

imatarb

I've made the decision to upgrade from our current gty. inside cabin to a gty. balcony. The only question that remains is this:

If I go ahead and book now or in the next day or two, and in two weeks' time, Carnival themselves drop the price, can I call my TA and have her apply the difference to my S & S card? I asked her yesterday about this, and she replied, "No, once you lock in a price, that's the price you pay." That's not usually what I hear from others on this board, so I wondered what the deal was.

Thanks so much,

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ther is no price protection once final payment date has passed.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Some agents do not allow for a reduced price one final payment is made. I found that out the hard way on my Victory cruise. Now its one of the first questions I ask when I am looking to book. I want to make sure my agent will give me any fees back after final payment. I lost hundreds of dollars with the Victory. But since you are in the final days before cruising canceling and rebooking is not worth the price.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

For future reference, can anyone point me to any good, reputable online TA's that I can use, and know that if there are credits to be had once final payment is made that they will honor this?

Thanks,

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival website is showing balcony gty. at $749. Do any of you foresee it falling below $700, or is this pretty darn good, and I should get on the phone with my TA?

Drats...cruise.com is showing balcony gty. at $699/person. Wish my TA would match that, but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't. I know she's got to make a living, too.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

I'm just curious what you can get upgraded to that is better than a balcony? Some super dooper suite? What would be the odds of that?

Is the price for a GTY balcony less than a reserved balcony?

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Only thing better than a balcony is a suite/penthouse suite w/ balcony, but I'm not shooting for that. The price of $699 on cruise.com is for the balcony gty. or Upper deck specific cabin category 8A. It goes up by $10 increments from there.

I think I'm going to call my TA. I just can't see the price going much lower than $699 for a guaranteed balcony, ya know? That's a price I'm definitely willing to pay. icon_cool.gif

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

[This message was edited by imatarb on 04-06-04 at 01:49 PM.]

imatarb

The reason some TA's don't want to reimburse for rate changes after final payment is because they've already been paid their commission. If they do it, the cruiseline will want some back. What an agent can do for you though is get you onboard credit. This won't affect their commission. It's too late for you since you're sailing very soon, but call your agent and tell them you'd like to upgrade for the rate you found online. Make sure you include taxes and fees. Agents want to know the bottom line price that you've found so they can compare. The$699 rate you found is probably not the bottom line.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

I'm on hold with my TA right now, and she's in the process of upgrading us as we speak. She told me that the price dropped again just today. I told her I didn't want to wait any longer, so looks like I'm going for the balcony gty.

My DH is going to be so surprised! I'm not saying a word until we open the door and poof! There's a balcony!

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

Unless I'm misundstanding something here, (somebody said "it's too late for you"....) icon_confused.gif

you CAN get a shipboard credit after final payment, if that was what was being referred to. In September, I got one three days before sail date - direct from Carnival PVP.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Archived