Carnival to charge for all room service!

GROUCHPUSS

33 minutes ago, AguaMala said:

I find this change ridiculous and one of the last straws.  Food is included in the fare.  If you swap out the MDR or the lido dining, you should NOT be charged for it.

I have let John Heald know my displeasure.

It was stopped for now.

5 hours ago, 10Jan54 said:

just leave the tray in your room and when they come to clean your room they will take it.  Why do any of us need to see each others garbage?

Carnival has job descriptions for their crew and they assign food and beverage employees to patrol the passageways to retrieve the trays they delivered earlier. The cabin stewards are with the housekeeping department and they have plenty on their plate, pun intended, without being a food and beverage employee too. JH has stated for years that corporate wants us to put them in the hallway and they appreciate it if you would place a napkin over the tray to cover it. 

22 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Carnival has job descriptions for their crew and they assign food and beverage employees to patrol the passageways to retrieve the trays they delivered earlier. The cabin stewards are with the housekeeping department and they have plenty on their plate, pun intended, without being a food and beverage employee too. JH has stated for years that corporate wants us to put them in the hallway and they appreciate it if you would place a napkin over the tray to cover it. 

……………………………………………..

I know that's what Heald stated but none the less I leave ours in the room. Just got tired of the drunks walking bye kicking the trays all over the place. Much less the kids piling plates up on peoples doorways. Not even going to mention some dude eating off the trays left outside.

Just too many animal instincts minus a few brain cells left in drunks these days. I'm not saying it happens on every cruise but enough to stop me from leaving them in the passageways  "hallways" !

3 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

……………………………………………..

I'm not saying it happens on every cruise but enough to stop me from leaving them in the passageways  "hallways" !

You must have been army. I hear ya about all the things that can go wrong but in this case I do it their way.

I have always heard that room service dishes should be left in the cabin for room stewards to remove (at least on NCL). They are a hazard for individuals in wheelchairs and motorized scooters if they’re left in the hallway or anyone not paying attention to where they’re walking.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

JH has stated for years that corporate wants us to put them in the hallway and they appreciate it if you would place a napkin over the tray to cover it. 

This is about the dumbest advice I ever heard.  Hallways are narrow and should be kept free of obstacles.  Also, I don’t want a trailer park feel by having to walk down a hallway and see a bunch of garbage lining the halls.

Keep the trays in your room for the room steward.  Please

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, cruiselovingirlfromboston said:

As of January 7, 2019, Carnival will not put the room service in to action and will keep it on hold for now.

Today is March 7th, 2019. Is this supposed to be news? This has been discussed ad nauseum on several threads here on Cruise Critic. If you search this forum it may take a few tries but the threads should pull up for you. It was an exciting time here two months ago.