alcohol prices

jmbcauld

3 minutes ago, lv2bgoing said:
  • rules for drink package for Carnival Cheers 
  • Must be 21 or older to purchase and agree to not give to minors.
  • Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.
  • Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise.
  • Only one drink at a time may be ordered.  No sharing is permitted.
  • There is a 5 minutes wait time between ordering drinks.
  • Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6am-6am).
  • Guests sailing from Galveston will not be able to activate the CHEERS! program until Day 2.
  • Program only applicable for onboard purchases during regular operating hours.
  • European voyages may require VAT tax, when applicable this will be charged onboard.
  • Not offered on 2 day cruises and cha

And why are you posting some of the rules of Cheers as a rebuttal to my post?  I have had Cheers on the three Carnival cruises I have taken since 2013 so you're not educating me about anything that I already have first hand experience with.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, BLTT59 said:

It’s cheaper than RC! Why the hate?

Actually, it is not unless you buy onboard, since Royal runs pretty much non-stop sales.  We have never paid more than $45 per day on RCI and had it for under $40 a few times.

Royal will nickel and dime in other ways, but their alcohol package is a better deal imo.  We are not buying any drink packages on Carnival as they are just too expensive.

1 hour ago, rukkian said:

Actually, it is not unless you buy onboard, since Royal runs pretty much non-stop sales.  We have never paid more than $45 per day on RCI and had it for under $40 a few times.

Royal will nickel and dime in other ways, but their alcohol package is a better deal imo.  We are not buying any drink packages on Carnival as they are just too expensive.

Since you stated that you have paid 45 for the package on Royal....you do realize that you can pre pay for Cheers using 10% discounted gift cards and only pay 46.75 per day.  How can 45 be acceptable and 46.75 be too expensive?  Royal's package may be better if you're drinking over 15 alcoholic drinks per day, but Cheers also has a higher end threshold per drink @ 20.00 which is more inclusive than Royal's program.

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since you stated that you have paid 45 for the package on Royal....you do realize that you can pre pay for Cheers using 10% discounted gift cards and only pay 46.75 per day.  How can 45 be acceptable and 46.75 be too expensive?  Royal's package may be better if you're drinking over 15 alcoholic drinks per day, but Cheers also has a higher end threshold per drink @ 20.00 which is more inclusive than Royal's program.

I never said it was too much, I was responding to a comment saying it was way cheaper than Royal, which it is not.  Even with the discounted gift cards, 46.75 is still more than $45 and way more than $38.  It is not way cheaper.

As to the drink limit, I only had the package once, but my wife has gotten it everytime on RCI, and we never had a drink that was over the limit.  Limits really don't mean much when the price is set by the cruise line itself.  Unless there are a bunch of drinks over the limit, the limit really does not matter.  

I am not advocating one over the other, just pointing out that Carnival is not way cheaper than Royal, that is it.

Edited by rukkian