Charged for staying in a hotel booked as part of the cruise package

This is only a warning for fellow travelers so no names no pack drill.

I was going on the Serenade's move from Boston to FL and booked the whole package so flight, connections and hotel with the cruise.  Checking into the hotel in Boston I handed over my RC voucher and had my credit card swiped for extras so all as usual.  When I left the next morning for the ship they even gave me a receipt for no charge

I had a good cruise and flew home thinking nothing but good thoughts until I received my Dec credit card statement (now this not a mini bar or towel post so it is safe to read on) and found that the hotel had charged me for my stay.  After a round of multiple calls, RC wouldn't speak to my travel agent and then wouldn't speak to me, I spoke to the hotel who said that they hadn't been paid by the cruise company.  After speaking to RC again  I pointed out that if I had to raise a query with the credit card company then things could get complicated and a day later without anyone notifying me the charge was removed and I even made a small profit with currency changes.  No one has claimed credit for sorting it out still and all I can say is keep an eye on your statement after travelling.

• Like 1

Sounds like it all worked out.   I always check my statements, and I always keep all paperwork until everything has completely cleared and is accounted for, just in case this very thing happens. Sorry you had to take a hard line with the company,  but at least you got a good resolution.

To add to your warning, be wary of what Royal quotes for hotel charges.  Our experience has been that they charge "per person" for the hotel, and that is not clearly disclosed next to the price.

• Like 2