Luggage check in times at Southampton

Zombatar

We are joining Ventura on Friday at Southampton, having stayed in a hotel on Thursday night. We have to check out of the hotel by noon and as we have quite a few cases (its a 28 day cruise) we need to drop off our luggage before we park the car as there will be too many cases for a taxi that will take us from the car parking to the terminal. Anybody know what the earliest time we can drop off our luggage at the terminal?

Peter and Jenny

15 minutes ago, Zombatar said:

We are joining Ventura on Friday at Southampton, having stayed in a hotel on Thursday night. We have to check out of the hotel by noon and as we have quite a few cases (its a 28 day cruise) we need to drop off our luggage before we park the car as there will be too many cases for a taxi that will take us from the car parking to the terminal. Anybody know what the earliest time we can drop off our luggage at the terminal?

Peter and Jenny

Not certain but you should be able to drop off luggage by about 11:00am, if not sooner.

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Not certain but you should be able to drop off luggage by about 11:00am, if not sooner.

Last time we were there very early it was 11.15. I get the impression it depends on how quickly the last cruise cleared and the “team” who are working.

Thanks for your advice everybody. I have just called the taxi company we are booked with from the car parking and they have assured me that they will have loads of room so no problem with the bags. Just got to drive to Soton tomorrow and we are all set for the holiday!!

17 minutes ago, Zombatar said:

Thanks for your advice everybody. I have just called the taxi company we are booked with from the car parking and they have assured me that they will have loads of room so no problem with the bags. Just got to drive to Soton tomorrow and we are all set for the holiday!!

Yes, most taxi companies have within their fleet much larger vehicles than a standard saloon car.  If you make your requirements known to them well ahead of time they can almost always turn up with something suitable.

Regards John