Review Seaside 15 december Yacht club inside

travellerin1984

Hi!

We ended our first (but hopely not the last) cruise in yacht club on Msc Seaside. We are  Scandinavian couple in our mid thirties- early fourties and love cruising. We have mostly cruised on Celebrity (about 10 Cruises) and 3 on Royal Caribbean and one on Oceania. We loved Yacht club. For the price we paid for our yacht club inside cabin it was a wonderful experience! We booked our cruise over 1,5 years ago when the prices were low. I see now prices have gone up quite a bit.

Food- better than we expected. We loved our dinners so much so we skipped the black card dinner in the specialty restaurant. Very good service and lovely views. My husband loved the meat dishes and breakfast in the dining room was very good. Wine choices were good but no sommeliers in the yacht club (at least we didn't notice). We did go with the suggestions from the waiters and had good wine parings anyway. We did enjoy the breakfast in the dining room. Selection on the pool deck and in the lounge is more limited during the breakfast.

Pool deck - very calm and not crowded. Good service from the staff. The pool is small (although not crowded) but nice to have the jacuzzis.

Butler and cabin attendant- We used the butler service mostly when we got off the ship (and it was really great to have a possibility to skip the lines!) He was very serviceminded och nothing was a problem. Small misses like no turning down-service last night of the cruise and they missed the newspaper one day but these things didnt really affect our cruise experience.

Bar service in the lounge- lovely staff. Always asking if we wanted something to drink. Cocktails were a bit too sweet but when we asked for less sweet cocktails no problem. We actually prefered the cocktails in other bars but I am sure they would have made other drinks if we asked for that. They had lovely classical and piano music in the lounge.

Champagne bar- Nicolas Feuillette champagne was included for us but we actually liked Domaine Chandon better.

Entertainment- Shows were not really our cup of tea but this has been our experience on most of our cruises. We are too young and from nothern Europe so I think we just are not the right audience... We loved the Michael Jackson-show though. We didnt reserve any spots for the shows. We just arrived a couple of minutes before the show start. There are reserved seats for the shows. A lot of music entertainment on the ship. A bit loud sometimes but definitely a lively atmosphere.

Ice cream- So good! I recommed it! :)

Ports

Jamaica- We choosed Marks tour and went to Blue hole and Dunns river falls. Crowded but interesting. Nice and active excursion.

Mexico, Cozumel. We booked a food tour through Cozumel chef. Local food and restaurants. Interesting but maybe a bit expensive for what we got. 80 usd each.

Cayman Islands- My husband went to diving and I walked to Seven Mile beach. Lovely beach. Takes about 30 minutes to walk to the beach. No need for excursion if you are fit.

Costa Maya- Went to Yaya beach club. taxi 9 usd each way. Very nice beach club. 25 dollars spend minimum. Good food and nice drinks. Highly recommended.

Spa and hairdresser- Very nice! Different saunas and jacuzzi and a lot of space. Relaxing experience even on a sea day. I prepaid colour and cut and it was really good for the price.

As you can see we enjoyed our first Yacht club experience. Having an inside cabin was not a problem. Pool deck is very good and relaxing and we spend very little time in the cabin. There is a lot to see and do so one week in inside cabin went by quickly.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.

Edited by travellerin1984
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, floridian1 said:

thanks! was the gelato, crepes and venchi free for you?

We didnt try crepes but ate some gelato (it was delicious!) and had an espresso. They scan your card to see if you can get it for free. We asked: we stay in Yacht club, is the gelato included? The waiter said ”let me see, can I check your seapass?” After scanning our seapass he said ”yes, it is included”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

It was good and quick. Our experience was that they had more waiters than on Celebrity. We liked the bar with newspapers (don’t remember the name) most. 

That would  be the Seaview Lounge on Deck 8, Starboard.  They open early and have espresso and pastries in the morning.