Yacht club halls

andymattmom

Yes, your description of the hallways is correct. There is also a door on deck 16 from the cabin hallway to the lounge, so you don’t have to use the main hallway from the concierge desk to the lounge. The door is convenient depending on the location of your cabin. 

• Thanks 1

"SirWolf" correctly answer your question while I was writing my response. So just in case you are wondering why they are separate, my guess is that the hallways look much more classy than having cabin doors every few feet. When you enter the YC your view is straight down very good looking hallways. Also, no room attendants and equipment to ruin the view.

Edited by sptrout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

So am I understanding if you are at the end of the hall on deck 16 in the cabin hallway there is a door to get into the lounge - so there could be lots of people walking by your cabin ? 

Was just on deck 16, starboard side. There is a door that the staff refers to as “the secret door” that is just outside of the lounge, by the hand washing station. It’s fine to use it but there are 2 steps to go up or down. We were taken that way from the lounge to our cabin at the far end of the hallway upon embarkation (when cabin was ready). DH and I used it a couple of times but found it much more pleasant to utilize the main passageway when going from/to our cabin.

I never explored the port side so I cannot address on that side.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

So am I understanding if you are at the end of the hall on deck 16 in the cabin hallway there is a door to get into the lounge - so there could be lots of people walking by your cabin ? 

Correct. The door from the hallway to the

lounge is next to cabin 16002. Guests take

the cabin hallway and the main hallway. We have not seen a lot of guests in the

cabin hallway during our cruise last 

September. The floor plan layout of

the cabin hallway provides more

privacy to cabins 16002 - 16024 since

the hallway is separated from the main

hallway. Unfortunately the YC floor plan

on MSC Bellissima/Meraviglia is different.

I am booked on MSC Bellissima and can

not exactly visualize how busy the 

different areas in the YC will be. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to describe the hallways even using a map. Basically your cabin is on a small corridor suitable for the maid staff to move along with cleaning tools. This corridor which has the cabin doors on one side has a glass wall on the other side which defines a major corridor for guests to transit the whole length of the Yacht club as the main entrance into the lounge. Tis true that the smaller corridor also has a door into the lounge area at its one end and outside into the main public elevator area at the other end. In my experience only about 5% of the traffic ever uses the corridor along the cabin doors to exit or enter into the lounge or outside to the public areas. Thus preserving a great deal of privacy way beyond what one experiences on typical ship cabin decks