Seward or Homer

biojeep

Planning on touring Kenai after our cruise.  Due to time restraints we will only have 3-4 days.  We realize we won’t be able to tour both Seward & Homer.  Would like advice of cruisers who have been both places to help us decide.  My wife suffers from sea sickness so the 6 hour tour from Seward is not feasible so we would have to stick to Resurrection Ba tour.  In Homer we would take a cruise across the bay to Seldovia.  Any advice is appreciated.

You could do both. It’s only about a 3 hour drive between the two. Homer Spit wandering can take a day, a day trip to Seldovia would be nice (but it is very, very small...), there are plenty of wildlife tours in the bay, or you could go to Halibut Cove for an afternoon/evening. If you like to fish, both towns are great. Homer also has a fishing hole on the spit, and you can rent poles nearby. A wonderful day adventure is taking a water taxi to go hike to Grewingk Glacier Lake. 

For Seward, the boat tours to the glacier areas are wonderful. But there’s plenty to do on land as well. Exit Glacier, the SeaLife Center, walking the town, driving out the Miller’s Lansing area and hiking, etc. 

Is your  ship,  coming in/out of Seward??    You can visit  both,  especially if not on Princess.   

First-  with the motion sickness issue-  I strongly suggest a healthcare  professional consult.    I've seen plenty of ill passengers on cruise ships in Alaska.    This could offer a remedy for a  Kenai fjords boat tour-   which for me,  is a must to get out of the bay. 

As already mentioned-   there are numerous options to consider-   I'd suggest-   you,  take a closer look and determine  more with how you would like to occupy your time in these areas?     See where your preferences are and what you want out of your touring?   

Clearly in my opinion,  and having visited both multiple times-   they each stand on their own and are very worthwhile.   :)    No-  "best".   :)    

What is your actual time,  and itinerary?   You will have a car?    I'd suggest-   if transiting between Seward and Homer-   you allow at least 4 hours,   same with Homer/Anchorage.