“MAGICA” Truly Spells “MAGIC” In Italian

Cruise4Andy

Andy,

Great review. Great details. My DH was a little apprehensive, but after I printed out your review and he read it, he's has a whole new attitude. I did a 1 night preview on the Magica and your review was more in line of what I saw in that brief time vs some of the other reviews I've read here.

Nancy,

Tooooo funny as I did the same thing for my husband.... Printed out this thread and handed it to the hubby... He was quite impressed and he doesn't get impressed easily.....!!!

So even through the "final" decision hasn't been made, thanks to Andy and the fact that the March 19th Magica thread has "local" families with kids, it's looking better and better that the Magica could be added to our list....

Nancy, btw, any girls in your group 12 or 15 (Danielle will be 16 in July). The boys are 8 and 11.

Elaine :)

03/??/2006

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Richard:

Thanks so much... I certainly will tell Madison, that Kara said Hello. Would be nice if they could exchange e-mail addresses in case they would go cruising again.

Veromom, NickAndysMom & Taszmom:

Thanks... I hope that I could provide a little inside view of what we experienced on board. Of course... it's not the real thing.. you just have to see, touch, feel and smell the original! So I hope to see you on board somewhere, sometimes... but SOON! ;-)

ONE MORE TIP:

If you are considering the Boys & Girls card (the prepaid drink card, not only for boys and girls, despite the name) and only look forward to get soft drinks with it DO NOT PURCHASE the card - you will be better off to purchase the soft drinks as you go.

As the card is now in the $ 56 range and includes 20 drinks (soft drinks, virgin mixed drinks or juices), that would come down (as per my math! LOL) to roughly $ 2.80 per drink.

If you purchase a soda (Coke, Diet Coke, etc) at a bar, restaurant or in the theatre, it will cost you $ 2.00 (+15% Service Fee), so $ 2.15 per soda.

Juices (apple, grapefruit, orange) are available most of the day on Deck 9 (buffet area) for free.

So unless you are really into virgin mix drinks... go by the soda as you go!

Thought that might help!

Andy

This sounds like an incredible thing to see. Wondering if anyone out there participated or talked to anyone who took this shore excursion. It's pricey so I'd like to get a little validation before going on it.

Ps- Family of 4, We also are a family of 4 headed out on Magica April 2nd. My girls are 11? Your kids?

We are sailing 2/19 - that is Winter Recess in New York.

Andy...You are very lucky being a Florida resident. You probably could cruise often. Week long cruises for vacations and 3 and 4 night cruises for looong weekends.

Believe me, I am so ready for this cruise. Come along LOL

Yes it is. We are leaving on Saturday, how about you?

1 month from today

We are on the Magica. We are flying out Friday night. I get too nervous with the Winter weather in New York. That week is known for snow storms. We go every Presidents Week- It helps me survive the whole winter. I worry about weather everytime I travel. Although we always take insurance ,you still have to worry.

We are on the Med. that week. Friends we are traveling with has the same feeling as you, she vacations during Presidents week to get through the winter and another friend that is traveling with us is afraid of the winter storms and traveling. But I have to tell you, anticipating the cruise is getting me through this pretty mild (so far) winter.

Kenhel:

NO, as far as I know, the "Boys & Girls" card only covers juices, sodas and virgin cocktails. But, at $ 2.80 that would have to be a HUGE espresso... ;-)

If you order an espresso after dinner for example, it's about $ 1.35 + service fee...

But:

If you order a cappucino (not the one in the souvenir cup!) or an espresso in the morning in your cabin... IT'S FREE!!! What a world...

Andy

I read one of the reviews where the folks said that it cost them something like $70 for breakfast in their cabin. How can that be? Do you have to pay for room service food? I expected that I would have to pay a service charge and tip, but I figured that the food was included.

I also asked earlier about smoking in the rooms. Do they allow it? If so, do the rooms have the nasty stale cigarette smell. Basically I need to know if I need to pack some Fabreeze?

Thanks

There is a room service menu with the standard cruise breakfast room service items. They do not cost. There are extra things you can order to your room (such as a rose in a vase, etc.) that do cost extra. There was an ashtray in our cabin. We do not smoke and there was no smoke smell in our cabin. But I always take along a couple of the small glade type room fresheners because smells really bother me. Did not need them this cruise. Cabin always smelled fresh. Hope this helps.

fotoguy:

Depending which cabin category you have booked: Full meal service (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) can be served upon request in any Suites for no additional charge. In regular cabins, you may also order continental breakfast free of charge. You will find a breakfast order form in your cabin, which has two parts... Left side (complimentary menu), right side (extra charge)...

The complimentary menu includes items such as fresh baked rolls, bread, croissants, honey, jam, preserves, all kind of cereals, milk, tea, coffee and YES, even cappuchino and espresso... FREE!

The extra charge items include for example a double cappuchino in a souvenir cup, a red rose with vase, a bottle of champagne, a romance package, etc.

So don't worry, if you like to enjoy breakfast in your cabin, you can certainly do so... or you can enjoy the breakfast specialties off the buffet or the dining room.... (YUMMY!)...

Andy

fotoguy:

Sorry, but I forgot... instead of the fabreeze, pack the Downy Wrinkly Releaser for the cloth! A great gadet to have... Look for it in the supermarket, close to the dryer sheets...

Definately helpful as irons are not allowed due to safety and fire hazard!

Andy ;-)

Just a final thought!

what area on long island are you from? wouldn't it be nice if the kids new each other!! that happened to us last year! boy did that make for a peaceful, relaxing trip for mom dad and their friends!!!we are from saint james!

We live in Smithtown. The people I am traveling with are friends with people in St. James. Are you going in a group?

Thanks sand&sun... but you might want to put some tarp or other cover over it before it rains...

(that's for the hole in the roof you left behind!) ;-)

Have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy & Relax!

(Do you want to take me along????)

Andy ;-)

Archived