“MAGICA” Truly Spells “MAGIC” In Italian

Cruise4Andy

I agree. I love to cruise, so I will have a good time no matter what. But when they all wanted to come with me this time, I told them I have never been on Costa and I didn't know what to expect. We will have fun together no matter what. Plus they do not have anything to compare it to. It is a small world.

Andy: We still haven't let go. One of the couples we went with are over and we are reliving the experience. Supposed to be going out for dinner soon and they are eating pie. I asked her why they were eating before we went out for dinner and she said "leave us alone we're cruising".

We all agree that the 1/8 Magica was a magical experience.

Richard

rps:

Hey... where's my pie??? ;-)

I hear you... it's hard to let go of the cruise... I still miss the wonderful food, the experience, the pampering...

And then it hits you... back home, back to work, and now you have to work of all that paperwork which accumulated during the week long cruise.

Oh well, at least we can now look forward to the next cruise!!! YEAH!!!

Have a wonderful day... and enjoy the pie (maybe leftovers????)

Andy

Cruise Andy:

There seems to be two times for early seating (15 minutes apart). Is it different for each dining room? Can you change restaurants for dinner or is it set by your cabin (i.e. aft cabin = smeralda dining room).

You can eat in any dining room/any table for breakfast and lunch??

Thanks so much

Kenhel:

Yes, there are two different dining times, one which is for the Portofino Restaurant (usually 15 minutes EARLIER) and one for the Smeralda Restaurant.

It seems like that the Smeralda Restaurant is the bigger one of the two. You will find your restaurant assignment in your cabin upon arrival, including your Restaurant Name, Table # and Seating Time (1st or 2nd).

If you should desire to switch, make sure to see your Maitre'D or request your dining room preference ahead of time. Usually forward cabins are most likely to be dining at the Portofino, aft cabins using the Smeralda, but to every rule of thumb there are exceptions.

We were booked in a GS, which was located mid-ship, but our dining room was Smeralda, due to the group we were with... otherwise we probably would have ended up in Portofino...

For breakfast and lunch it is open seating. That means that you still have two dining times (early and late), but there are no set table assignments. It is kindly asked however, that you dine in your designated dining room. This is printed also as a reminder in your "TODAY" on board information, just below the dining times for the day, as they vary as well.

I hope I could help with this...

Andy

• 1 month later...

If you've visited Disney World in Orlando, Florida during the 25th Anniversary in 1996, you may very well remember the theme song during the parade "Remember the Magic".

This certainly would apply also to our Magica experience in January. Yesterday we had a few moments of spare time (yes, in our life spare time is very rare) to review our video and the pictures.

Make sure to shoot a lot of video and bring plenty of tape or discs and plenty of memory on your digital camera... You'll be happy later, when you're back to your daily activities and work.

A great way to get cheered up and look forward to the next cruise.

"It's time to Remember the Magic(a)"

Andy

Andy...Do you know how I can get in touch with Costa's customer service dept? They said their rep retired and they haven't replaced her yet. I find it hard to believe that a large corp has no customer service reps.

Although we had a great week on the Med, it concerns me that their is no one to speak to.

TIA

Tia:

That's kind of odd... I can not believe that they don't have a customer service rep... I just recently spoke with them (about 4 weeks ago)...

Here's the number I have:

1-800-462-6782 (Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 8:00PM & Sat+Sun 10:00AM-4:00PM)

Try that... I hope it works

Stillsailing:

Yes, the dining rooms on the Magica have windows... We dined in the Restaurant Smeralda (aft restaurant) and had a table right at the window. They had the curtains open most of the time, but during the Italian night, they had the shades closed with the Italian landmarks on them... blended in really well.

Andy

Andy...The number you gave me is the 1-800-GO-COSTA number. I tried that number and today called the number on their website. I reached someone in special services and she also did confirm that the customer relations rep retired and they just replaced her. (still can't believe that a cruise line can have only one customer service rep) I again left a message.

In all honesty, I am grateful my only complaint is that Costa owes me $50, but although I did thoroughly enjoy my Costa cruise, I don't know if I can sail a line in the future which has no customer relations dept. I mean, what if, something really happened and I needed to speak to someone. Kind of scary, isn't it.

Thanks Again

• 9 months later...

Archived