Booking Viking River on Viking Ocean

clojacks

....or visa versa...

We are interested in using Viking for both a river cruise and an Ocean cruise in the next couple of years. We have been using Celebrity almost exclusively for a number of years. What I am wondering is this, is there any noticeable benefit from booking either the River cruise while on the Ocean cruise or the other way around?

Hi

We booked an Ocean cruise one year and two cruises one River and one Ocean the next time each time while on board, as we were impressed by the offers.  There were greater discounts the more cruises (or possibly longer ones) you booked. We were also offered OBC for the new bookings AND the cruise we were already on.   The future cruise director is the one to go to.  We have met Michael, Jared and Nathan and all three were really knowledgeable and helpful. They have  1 or 2 promotional talks (depending on length of cruise). We always go to these..You can then book an appointment with him to discuss your options.  Your country of origin prices and rules are applied then  the discounts  We are from the UK.  

Historically we have bought future cruise vouchers on Viking River. These are not available on VO.   They were worth double the face value.  However I think that these have been discontinued, perhaps someone else can advise on this.  

You can only book while on board an ocean ship. You can buy future cruise vouchers while on a river boat with added benefits if you book a cruise within 30 days of the end of your cruise. 

On board booking benefits include honoring whatever deal is on offer at the time of booking plus your return guest discount plus a pp discount based on the length of cruise plus a $100 pp OBC on your current cruise for each cruise that you book. You may book ocean or river. 

I had also heard that V was discontinuing vouchers bu it doesn't seemed to have happened yet. There is a current thread on vouchers in the River Cruising forum. I'm currently on board and will ask the  cruise consultant about them. 

Edited by Peregrina651