Coco Cay Construction

14 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just my thoughts.  I know many people are excited by the new attractions at Coco Cay.  I, on the other hand, see a beautiful area being transformed into an amusement park.  I guess it’s the way of the future but to me it is a little sad.  Katherine 

Same here.  Will be on Navigator in November.  Probably pier will be finished.  I sort of liked the bare bones of the island and the rustic feel.  Holland America had a great island and then went and built a huge  pirate ship with music blaring.  

14 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just my thoughts.  I know many people are excited by the new attractions at Coco Cay.  I, on the other hand, see a beautiful area being transformed into an amusement park.  I guess it’s the way of the future but to me it is a little sad.  Katherine 

At $120 per head to get in plus additional charge for dining options (not typical BBQ)..... the future is here

Saw the ad for Coco Cay RC during the Eagles/Bears NFC Wild Card game on NBC during the first half. Sorry, I don't have a link for the 30 second ad.

Pictures are from December 2009...Monarch of the Seas. The thing I remember is that one of the bars was playing Sirius/XM channel 42...The Joint.

DSCN0119.JPG

DSCN0125.JPG

DSCN0126.JPG

DSCN0127.JPG

16 hours ago, jptoz said:

Just found this video online. Thought you guys might like.

That you for posting the drone video.  

If you compare it to the promo videos and maps that Royal has been putting out there, it is obvious that the promos do not reflect the maps very well.  They do not even have the overall shape of the island correct.

• 6 months later...

I was there last month.  Would appreciate it if anyone knows the name of a purple flower that was growing on the side of the road that the tram goes on.  The leaf is sort of heart shaped and looks like a water lily leaf.  Thanks.