Hilton Marina, Fort Lauderdale

teacher2cruiser

My DH and I are driving to our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in June.  We've booked a room at the Hilton Marina pre-cruise. We plan to arrive early, and I have read about a water taxi to shops and sightseeing.  Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on how to spend an afternoon and evening?

The water taxi is a great idea, makes several stops along the way and shows you all the beautiful homes, some once owned by some of Hollywood's famous.  You can get off downtown where there are some great boutiques and restaurants, makes a great afternoon and evening.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your day in Ft. Lauderdale.

I will probably stay at the Marina for my next cruise, and I've done a lot of looking into things to do.  I'll probably arrive there early, around 9:30am if I catch the first flight that morning, and grabbing a quick breakfast either at the Hotel or a local establishment (Starbucks, Panera).  I was planning on doing the Water Taxi, and hopefully also doing the Jungle Queen cruise.  I will probably also do a little shopping in the area.