Cabo, PV, Mazatlan - which one is best for beach day?

cherrypie88

I will be travelling on the Royal Princess at the beginning of April with my husband, my mom and two young kids (4 and 6). Our ports of call are Cabo, PV and Mazatlán. Hubby and I have been to all three cities before (not on a cruise) but it has been years since we've been back. I would like to spend one of our ports of call at the beach (possibly looking at a day pass at a resort just so we have access to facilities since we have kids with us) and then exploring the town at two of the other ports. Looking for suggestions on which of the ports would be best for beach day and which of the ports would provide the most interesting and easy (since I am towing around kids) area to explore/walk around. Also it would be a bonus if anyone has any recommendations on good resorts that offer reasonably priced day passes. TIA!

We did the resort for a day in Cabo through the cruise line and think it would be great for children. We sailed on the Norwegian Star a week ago but sail on the Royal April 6 and see  that Princess offers the same excursion. The beach has calm waves, you get a buffet lunch included, the facilities are nice and it is close to the port so no long bus ride. The resort for a day is at Casa Dorada. Here is a link to my full review if you are interested. 

8684E3B4-C32D-4EFF-85C6-0910844487DB.jpeg

698D1AEC-C2FB-4A7A-B00D-3BD6C4A8F640.jpeg

7F1B47AC-8D11-4D0B-A615-C22BA4A586C5.jpeg

DBF64D59-01FA-45D1-84AD-646514AAFCAA.jpeg

7DB99688-28EE-443B-AB28-151446A6263C.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cherrypie88 said:

I will be travelling on the Royal Princess at the beginning of April with my husband, my mom and two young kids (4 and 6). Our ports of call are Cabo, PV and Mazatlán. Hubby and I have been to all three cities before (not on a cruise) but it has been years since we've been back. I would like to spend one of our ports of call at the beach (possibly looking at a day pass at a resort just so we have access to facilities since we have kids with us) and then exploring the town at two of the other ports. Looking for suggestions on which of the ports would be best for beach day and which of the ports would provide the most interesting and easy (since I am towing around kids) area to explore/walk around. Also it would be a bonus if anyone has any recommendations on good resorts that offer reasonably priced day passes. TIA!

Cabo.  Last year we were on Princess, and booked the shore excursion beach break that included  beach and  buffet lunch at Casa Dorada Hotel Resort.   Nice beach with private area roped off for Princess PAX, nice swimming pool at the hotel,  lunch buffet at the hotel restaurant just steps away from your beach lounger.  Nice clean beach for swimming or just walking on.   Waters toys for kids and adults available for rent beachside.  Plenty of visible security staff at the resort and beach to keep you safe and secure,

Good luck and enjoy you cruise.

King

AF6CB9A7-D485-405D-B936-99130A7D32F0_zps

AB5ADAC8-CDA0-4246-BF92-2E324FCF519F_zps

0DE21CF8-5092-4FAE-B826-171FD4073674_zps

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Cabo.  Last year we were on Princess, and booked the shore excursion beach break that included  beach and  buffet lunch at Casa Dorada Hotel Resort.   Nice beach with private area roped off for Princess PAX, nice swimming pool at the hotel,  lunch buffet at the hotel restaurant just steps away from your beach lounger.  Nice clean beach for swimming or just walking on.   Waters toys for kids and adults available for rent beachside.  Plenty of visible security staff at the resort and beach to keep you safe and secure,

Good luck and enjoy you cruise.

King

AF6CB9A7-D485-405D-B936-99130A7D32F0_zps

AB5ADAC8-CDA0-4246-BF92-2E324FCF519F_zps

0DE21CF8-5092-4FAE-B826-171FD4073674_zps

20AEF138-64F6-4075-8508-54C03A5DFA20_zps

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Although my personal choice for a beach is Stone Island in Mazatlán, Cabo is probably the best place to do a beach day.  Both PV and Mazatlán have other things to do.  In Cabo, there is not much to do.

So, the question is whether to do a day pass resort or a public beach.  I'd just grab a water taxi to the beach, but with your group (two young uns), a day pass resort is probably your best choice.

• Like 1