New to NCL - UK booker

hazy123

Hi

Cruised for many years and considering NCL for first time.  And I am looking for some advice on offers. Aware of the RCI offers and know they all work out in the long run about the same, sort of! 

The current offer seems to be OBC and low booking deposit. Do NCL do other offers? Free / cheap flights?

Also, being a UK booker, I take it it's a fare for either all inclusive (drinks, tips, wifi) or cruise only with no extras. 

Sorry, for being thick, just confused by comments about selecting 3 or 5 options to build a package. Also confused about bidding, are these just USA? 

Be very grateful of any advice. Looking at October school hols so don't think there's a major rush to book. 

Ncl in the uk are changing their offers all the time so keep checking each week , they always offer an all inclusive price or a sail away price then add a few changeable extras to the AI price ( we got obc and excursion credit & 250min WiFi  ), the AI price includes all drinks up tp $15 plus specialty coffee in restaurants & bottled water in cabin, but not WiFi  What extras you get also depends on what level of cabin you pick . If you have children they often do a 3rd guest goes free , I’ve never seen them offering free airfare on the uk site ? , go on the website and sign up for the newsletters so you don’t miss any deals , then wait a little while for any offers that suit your needs .

Edited by Costa canary

I am in the UK my advice is when you go on the website and that little pop up box comes up ( for getting special offers and newsletters etc) enter your info and a PCC will contact you - I did this on my first and PCC is fantastic I tell him what and when I want and he does the rest - gets me the best offers - I have so many 'extra's' for my next sailing all through him - and yes the bidding does include the UK customers

The first thing to consider when looking at UK offers vs US offers is the t and c.

you can cancel your US booking and get price drops up until final payment.  However there is the tax on the drinks package/food package to add onto the first page price.

if booking in the UK no price drops or cancellation allowed without losing your deposit.

tips is another thing to consider, if you book in the UK you can remove so you can hand out cash to key people if you book in the US you can’t and I have read that you have to complete a form if you are unhappy with paying tips if you have had a bad experience onboard.

US prices tend to be cheaper once you have added everything in to compare apples to apples, pre-paid tips, drinks plus tax etc.

Edited by heatherbelle

2 hours ago, heatherbelle said:

tips is another thing to consider, if you book in the UK you can remove so you can hand out cash to key people if you book in the US you can’t and I have read that you have to complete a form if you are unhappy with paying tips if you have had a bad experience onboard.

This is no longer the case.

In the U.K. the service charge is now included in the fare, so there is no way of getting it removed at all (as there is no specific item to remove).

Thanks folks, have signed up for offers. 

Apparently, £99 flight offer just finished and it was only on selected cruises, so that that. 

Current offer is $50 obc each for 1 & 2 passenger. 

Is that rubbish, should I wait? What do folk normally get?