Things to do before late flight

Born2Sea

Go to the Barcelona forum of Tripadvisor and under TopQuestions you'll find info about luggage storage options.

It might be a little outdated so verify the info.

The best option ( altho pricier than lockers) is to use the luggage transfer service ..... they'll pick up your luggage at the pier and hold it at the airport for you (only at Terminal 1).  That would free you up to wander around the city and sightsee without the expense of a tour company.  

We're arriving 2 days pre-cruise.  I borrowed a couple of Barcelona travel books from the library and bought Rick Steves book on Mediterranean Cruise Ports.  The city is pretty compact so it wasn't difficult to figure out a DIY plan, mostly walking plus subway to Sagrada Familia.

• 2 weeks later...

I would take taxi from port to Sants train station (around 20€ with all surcharges) and keep luggage there. They got large and small lockers for any luggage size. In Sants can buy T10 metro ticket (10.20€) and enjoy the city. T10 can be used by more than one person and also good for airport ride on Renfe train from Sants. That train arrives on T2 terminal so if flight is from T1 then take shuttle bus.

We're in the same position later this year. A company called Bags & Go (www.bagsandgo.com) operate a luggage transfer service from the cruise terminal to the airport. Their website says they keep your luggage until 2pm. I emailed and was told they'd store it longer than that if necessary. The fee is reasonable. 

The airport has storage facilities too, equally reasonable prices but you have to get your luggage there to start with. For me this feels more secure and I think they'll end up cheaper for us as our plane doesn't depart until 11pm.

So... we think we'll take a taxi or the ship's transfer to the airport, stow the luggage and catch the shuttle bus or metro. We'd like to think there's something south or west of the airport......beach?....rather than a return to the Ramblas. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Edited by sailco

On 1/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, hkto said:

There is one more luggage storage near Plaza Catalunia, open 9-9 daily. There is airport bus from PT

http://lockerbarcelona.com

Looks like the most logical choice as the aerobus as well as subway is just around the corner.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Aerobus,+Plaça+de+Catalunya,+Barcelona,+Spain/LOCKER+BARCELONA+-+Consigna+-+Left+Luggage+service+in+Barcelona+city+centre.,+Carrer+d'Estruc,+Barcelona,+Spain/@41.3873149,2.1713456,17z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x12a4a2f16e3f09f3:0x63268d5954864ae1!1m2!1m1!1s0x12a4a2f0e1832795:0x7d396d3812b9ffbe!3e2