Allstate Rewards= No Gift Card for RCCL

Just went on to buy some gift cards for Royal and it has been replaced with gift certificates. I'm not sure but i think these can only be applied to paying on your booking but not actually to add to your seapass card when you board the ship. Anybody know for sure? 

Direct from the RCCL website: ' Gift certificates can be redeemed as a payment towards your cruise vacation or may be used as an onboard credit. Gift certificates must be redeemed prior to your cruise vacation. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed onboard. "

So you can add them to your Seapass account, but must do it prior to the cruise.

Edited by payitforward

I just redeemed 3 gift certificates last week given to us for Christmas.  It was a simple process to redeem them online, and after a few days I had my travel agent check to make sure they were reflected in our cruise documents as obc on the two cruises.  You will see the obc when you check your account onboard the ship.  It shows up on Day 2.

I called last night and was told that I couldn't use the certificate for on board credit or even to pay for things like a drink package either. I know that was wrong but the lady insisted it for for cruise payments only.

Sometimes it amazes me how lost these employee's are.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about booking a cruise for this May. I would like to pay using all certificates. Would I have to book directly with Royal Caribbean to do that? If so, then can I transfer the booking to a TA so that I can receive their perks?

28 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

I'm thinking about booking a cruise for this May. I would like to pay using all certificates. Would I have to book directly with Royal Caribbean to do that? If so, then can I transfer the booking to a TA so that I can receive their perks?

FWIW/YMMV,

I booked last week. I had not yet purchased the certificate(s). When I discovered them I called RCCL. I was told that the steps are:

1. Purchase certificates

2. Call RCCL to book cruise

3. Give booking agent the certificate #(s)

*4. Then you could transfer to a TA

She said purchasing them after booking makes them invalid for use to pay for cruise fare. She said it's no problem to use them for purchases (specifically drinks package) and as OBC.

Edited by JennyB1977

3 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

FWIW/YMMV,

I booked last week. I had not yet purchased the certificate(s). When I discovered them I called RCCL. I was told that the steps are:

1. Purchase certificates

2. Call RCCL to book cruise

3. Give booking agent the certificate #(s)

*4. Then you could transfer to a TA

She said purchasing them after booking makes them invalid for use to pay for cruise fare. She said it's no problem to use them for purchases (specifically drinks package) and as OBC.

Ok, thanks! I kinda thought that's how it would work. If I purchase for May I'll have to pay 100% now so I guess I'll go ahead and order the certificates and hope the prices don't go up before I receive them!