impossible plan?

badwolf1009

I've never been on a cruise before or to another country so forgive me if I sound dumb.  We are going on a cruise in May that stops in Cozumel and Progreso.  I am so torn on what to do here.  I wanted to see some ruins and go to an awesome cenote and do a little shopping.  Is there any way to do all three or is that impossible?  We are already having trouble deciding what to do in Cozumel.  I wanted Xcaret, Xel Ha or Rio Secreto, but my husband really wants to snorkel there so that's probably what we'll do there.

In Progreso take a ruins/cenote combo tour and snorkel/shop in Cozumel. Going to Xcaret/Xel Ha requires a ferry to the mainland then travel time which will limit time to do stuff. This way everything on your list is taken care of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 1:14 PM, wdowns9 said:

Going to Xcaret/Xel Ha requires a ferry to the mainland then travel time which will limit time to do stuff.

We've done that before and yes, the bulk of your time is spent traveling. It's on the mainland, not the island of Cozumel. In Cozumel you can't help but shop as you have to go thru a shopping village to get anywhere else. Above all else, have fun and don't try to do everything because if you are a first time cruiser...you'll love it and you'll be back! : ))

• 1 month later...

Try the Dzibulchaltun ruins with Autoprogreso. They provide the buses you will use to get from the ship into town. Last time we were there you could swim in the cenote at the ruins. You should have time for shopping in Progresso either before or after.