Cruise Itinerary Suggestions Wanted

nephthys431

Hi all!  My first cruise was in November.  We went to Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel out of Miami.  I loved it!  I have another booked for August.  This time is HMC, Freeport and Nassau from Baltimore.  I'm thinking of doing a solo cruise and I wanted suggestions.  I'm looking at a 9 day on the Sunrise out of NYC going to Cuba.  Any thoughts?  Too long?  Is Cuba worth it?  Thanks!

9 days too long for a cruise? Nope! Some people love Cuba. Some don't care for it. I would have rather lived life trying it and not caring for it vs never experiencing it. If you get the chance to try it, why not?

In addition to the Southern Carribean route mentioned above, I would recommend the "other one" too. Out of San Juan and 6 other ports. Such an amazing trip!

We really consider the ship / floating pleasure palace as the main point of a cruise, so ports are sort of a toss-in bonus to us.  Due to the politics, you will get very passionate feedback about Cuba, but simply, if you want to try it out, the only way to do so is to do so.  There are a few weird complications about having to do certain types of activities to make your visit legal but they are apparently manageable and explained to those who book. 

Now back to the real question here:  the SHIP.  Sunrise will be essentially a brand new ship this summer.  Total rebuild of several areas, complete refresh of every cabin, new entertainment.

We sailed this particular vessel under her previous (current for a few more weeks) identity as Carnival Triumph.  Loved her, but even though I'm not picky, I'm also not blind.  She was getting pretty visibly worn out.  Would I enjoy 9 days to experience everything that's new? YESSSSSSSSS!  Presumably you are doing this during an off season when the ship might not have every extra berth full of children and therefore might be a teensy bit more peaceful / less crowded?  And I see you can just drive over to port, no flight needed for you.  YESSSSSSSSSSS! 

Did you feel at the end of your Glory cruise that you were getting pretty sick of / fed up with / this whole cruise thing and ready to hit dry land? (Obviously not, from your original post).  What was that? Five nights? Seven?  No, going up to nine nights is not too much if you like cruising.  What is the worst that can happen? You realize on day 8 that you actually did get your fill this time? YESSSSSSSS!   Is there really any reason why you are trying to talk yourself out of this?  If not, then YESSSSSSS!