Pride of America - Drink Package

Sailing12Away

I just got off of the phone with a NCL personal cruise consultant, who assured me, in no uncertain terms, that the drink package on the POA does include alcohol.   It is certainly confusing, because it is suggested strongly that it is not included and my original consultant who made my reservation in the middle of December, said unequivocally, that alcohol was not part of the package.  They didnt have anything to say to me about the crazy price of $800 for a weeks worth of water and soda, but....today's consultant suggested it might have been because of the newness of the program.  

Still curious, however, to hear from anyone, as "Cool Cruiser" suggests, that has actually experienced the cruise, after Jan 1,

2019, with the drink package, to make sure it was no problem

Even if you're drinking martini's all night long, at $15, you'd need to drink 7..... and that's just to break even.

Perhaps that's not the correct way of looking at it.

So in yesterday's conversation with the NCL rep (for another matter), she told me that the $800 for the week was an ALL IN price and included the 20% gratuity.  Now on their site (link above that someone posted), it says PLUS 20%....... 

Anyone else have thoughts?  

Edited by dssking

On my upcoming cruise aboard the Pride of America the 'Ocean view room' offer, allowed me to pick three included perks. One of the perks offered was the Hawaiian Unlimited drink package. By picking this perk an additional $138/ person was added to the cost of the cruise. This cost was a 20% gratuity on the retail price of the package. At $15/ drink, this only comes to 9.2 drinks per one week cruise. Totally worth the charge. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, KeithJenner said:

What you paid upfront just covered gratuities/tip/whatever people want to call them. It’s nothing to do with tax.

tax is paid per drink as you consume them.

So if you're on the beverage package, you get a slip for the tax every time you order a drink?

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So if you're on the beverage package, you get a slip for the tax every time you order a drink?

That was the case for us last August, yes.

Of course, things may have changed since then, especially as the UBP is now available to all.

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That was the case for us last August, yes.

Of course, things may have changed since then, especially as the UBP is now available to all.

Interesting.

Maybe staying put at Aulani is the better deal after all. (I've been pondering a Pride of America cruise prior to an Aulani stay, but it's just looking more and more complicated and not relaxing to do this cruise. Annoying as I don't drive so would be restricted just to Aulani, but at least I wouldn't be getting billed for small amounts for something that should be included.)