Big Ship Adventures Aboard The Allure of the Seas - Photo Review - WinksCruises

Thanks for the review, enjoyed your writing style. We board the Allure in March for Spring break - a group of 14 of us looking to escape the cold weather in Ontario. We've sailed on the Oasis and found some of what you talked about with the crowds, but found our own ebb and flow and did ok. We got a pretty decent deal on two connecting balcony cabins so that was the tipping factor in booking the Allure. We have sailed a couple of times on the Freedom class and enjoyed them a bit better. But I'm definitely looking forward to our vacation! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madsofa said:

a group of 14 of us...

But I'm definitely looking forward to our vacation! :classic_biggrin:

Well, with that big a gang, you'll do fine...   🤼‍♀️

Again, for everyone still reading, our cruise on Allure was great. It's a worst day on a cruise is better than any day at work kinda thing.

That said, as ScottyGirl points out, gangs rule. And Mrs. Winks is all the gang I got! (And even that's tenuous!)

We're too small to compete on the stages of West Side Story of the Seas.  So small ships are better for us. #WhenYoureAJet #StickToYourOwnKind  #TonightTonight  🤠

Edited by WinksCruises
Grammah
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:11 AM, Canadian Tyler said:

Thanks for the shout out, Winks.

I am very sorry to hear your suite with two storeys and three showerheads didn't have a tub!

Hope you felt better quick!  In the small world category, you posted for me your January 2015 vision of the seas cruise compass for my very first cruise on her in March 2015 and now I’m getting ready for my first oasis class trip on allure in March 2019 and saw your name!  Jane

12 hours ago, Madsofa said:

Thanks for the review, enjoyed your writing style. We board the Allure in March for Spring break - a group of 14 of us looking to escape the cold weather in Ontario. We've sailed on the Oasis and found some of what you talked about with the crowds, but found our own ebb and flow and did ok. We got a pretty decent deal on two connecting balcony cabins so that was the tipping factor in booking the Allure. We have sailed a couple of times on the Freedom class and enjoyed them a bit better. But I'm definitely looking forward to our vacation! :classic_biggrin:

That's a lot of people in two balcony cabins!  Come back and tell us about it!

• 1 month later...

Hi Winks & Mrs Winks!

So glad you have cured my qestioning mind - maybe we would like the mega ships?  NO, I would not!

So love all your reviews and when I am getting ready for a cruise I look to see if  you have a new review of -any ship - gets me in the cruise mood.

We have mainly been Celebrity cruisers but are but want to try new ships (I am ship freak).  That said, we are heading out on the HAL Nieuw Statendam in couple weeks.   I have heard good things from friends (we are all mid 50’s) regarding classic style cruising - good food, deck space NOT dedicated to jungle gyms and go-carts, decent entertainment and music speciality bars.  Of course we are starting out as plebs with no loyalty status.   Yikes, how will we survive??? We shall see!

Have you and Mrs. Winks tried HAL yet?

Looking forward to your next cruise adventure!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, Jdpapillion said:

Have you and Mrs. Winks tried HAL yet?

Hey Jdpapillion. We have not tried HAL but have sailed on Princess, Celebrity and RCCL with the most loyalty points on RCCL. I have been forbidden by the boss (at least I let him think he is the boss) to book anything other than RCCL as he is a loyalty points snob. In fact he spent one entire weekend waterboarding me and chanting "we must stay Loyal to Royal!!" Although the torture was not nearly as offensive as some of his reviews, I eventually acquiesced so I could go back to watching my Bravo "Housewives" shows. Our next adventure will be on Freedom in October. It is a Halloween cruise and should be a howling good time!! I'm sure there will be a scary review to follow. Can't wait to see what I will be up to this time!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, Mrs. Winks said:

Hey Jdpapillion. We have not tried HAL but have sailed on Princess, Celebrity and RCCL with the most loyalty points on RCCL. I have been forbidden by the boss (at least I let him think he is the boss) to book anything other than RCCL as he is a loyalty points snob. In fact he spent one entire weekend waterboarding me and chanting "we must stay Loyal to Royal!!" Although the torture was not nearly as offensive as some of his reviews, I eventually acquiesced so I could go back to watching my Bravo "Housewives" shows. Our next adventure will be on Freedom in October. It is a Halloween cruise and should be a howling good time!! I'm sure there will be a scary review to follow. Can't wait to see what I will be up to this time!!

Wish you were coming along with us on Adventure in August! C'mon, Mr. Winks clearly loves surprises! It's out of Bayonne, what could be easier?

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 12:10 AM, Mrs. Winks said:

Haven’t been on CC for awhile - next cruise isn’t till Feb 24 on X-Sillhoutte so it’s too depressing to read about cruising when it so far off 😫.  Can’t wait to see you photos of Halloween cruise - you will do it up right I’m sure👻☠️😈.  BTW- Housewives fan also! (LVP gone / Not gone 🤔)

What about Below Deck?  The Winks need to be a charter guests 👏👏👏👏👏

FYI - We enjoyed HAL Nieuw Statendam; beautiful ship - but we were just plebs with no status like we have on X.