Miami pre-stay with kids

Beppevroomvroom

Any recommendations for a pre-stay hotel in Miami with young kids? 

I've only ever cruised out of MIA without children (stayed in South beach) so not sure which area would best. Kids will be aged 4-7.

Must be near a beach, preferably have a pool and ideally be close to some cafes/restaurants etc.

Not too pricey either! 

Many thanks 😊

Edited by Beppevroomvroom

Unless you stay in Miami Beach again you will not be near a beach and the ocean.

Hampton inn Mary Brickell is reasonably priced, includes breakfast, has a pool and is near many local dining options .  Doubletree is in a quieter part of downtown, has an amazing pool and some rooms with a view of the port, as well as nearby dining.

Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

Have a great cruise. 

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Unless you stay in Miami Beach again you will not be near a beach and the ocean.

Hampton inn Mary Brickell is reasonably priced, includes breakfast, has a pool and is near many local dining options .  Doubletree is in a quieter part of downtown, has an amazing pool and some rooms with a view of the port, as well as nearby dining.

Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

Have a great cruise. 

Thank you! 

Yes I just wasn't sure which stretch of the beach coast would be most suitable. From memory, South Beach itself didn't appear too family friendly (ironically, this is what I loved about it all those years ago 😂). Just wondered if Mid beach or North beach area would be better, albeit further away from the port. 

I'll certainly check out those two hotels.

looking at mid October and hoping to keep it under £300 for 2 nights if at all possible

Mid or north will be quieter and more family friendly than SB. 

Flying into MIA or FLL? :classic_blink:  More family friendly beach options near FLL - check www.sunny.org for hotel and tourist info. Prices in October should be reasonable.

if any of this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! 😎😎

Edited by JohninDC

Once you head up more north along Miami Beach it becomes a bit less walkable. Especially on Collins Ave once you get North of 24th street or so. 

October is not a very busy time, but you are asking for the best location pretty much. 

Your options of close to beach, pool, walkable dense area and low prices is difficult to find a decent hotel in. 

I agree with looking at the Brickell area, great area, lots of things to do. Plenty of hotels with nice pools in Downtown and Brickell. And if the beach is a must you are talking about a 20-min drive to the beach using a taxi/uber/lyft. 

If you really want to be beachside, you could look at some other areas like Surfside or Sunny Isles Beach. Surfside is fairly walkable with a nice shopping/restaurant district near by. Where Sunny Isles Beach is not as walkable, but many ocean front hotels.