Reserving Retreat area or Cabana on Eurodam/have Neptune suite

fellswoop

Sailing later this month and would like to try a cabana or just a sun bed in Retreat area.  I understand that calling and booking ahead is only is you book the whole week.  So if we just want 2-3 days should we rush up to the area after boarding?  We have a Neptune suite and wondered if we could book through the Concierge in the Neptune lounge. Thanks

Yes you can book through the concierges.

Sometimes the lines are long to see the concierges on embarkation day.

You might be better off going directly up to the retreat area and see the person in charge there.  They can let you know right away of there are any cabanas left for a daily rental.

Another option is to go directly to the front desk (Guest Services) as they can also help you.  I've found that the Beverage Manager is the one to see at the Retreat, and he is often otherwise occupied on embarkation day.  We usually book a retreat cabana for the entire cruise, but the very first time that we were interested in one, we were on a port intensive Mediterranean cruise and only wanted to book the two sea days.  After boarding,  I went directly to Guest Services (there was no line), and I was able to book the two days that I wanted then and there.

Call HAL beforehand to see if the cabanas are sold out. Our last cruise, over Christmas, was the first time we've run across a situation where the cabanas aren't fully sold. I think @lastlook has some solid advice. You could be in a situation where multiple guests are trying to book a limited number of cabanas, assuming they're available. If you get to the Neptune Concierge and wind up behind several people who require a lot of assistance, you could lose precious time