help from Bonnie please re possible scam questionnaire

jo-b

We have just left Quest after the 22 December cruise and my niece, who was NOT on the cruise and has never cruised with Az, has forwarded  to me the Azamara guest  questionnaire she received! 

The sender is the same as the one I got but the format of the email is different. 

My OH hasn’t had a questionnaire. 

Can you you tell me if next of kin email is requested anywhere on check in details on line? 

Do both travellers get a questionnaire, so is it my OH one she got? 

And who in Azamara should I contact to bottom out how they got her email address and how she got the questionnaire. 

Thanks 

Hi jo-b, 

Must say this is a first-time question for me. I can’t fathom how your non-sailing niece would have received one of our post-cruise questionnaires.

Is her email address similar to your OH’s email address, and a typo occurred? Is there the chance hers was put into our system in place of OH’s by you, your OH or your TA?

I will share your query to see if anyone has other thoughts.

p.s. Other than this oddity, how was your cruise?

Bonnie 

Thanks Bonnie it is a complete mystery to us too. Her address is totally different to either of ours I think the only thing in common is.com 

Do you know if we would have had to add a next of kin email address to online check in? I can’t recall and it is usually a telephone number that is needed. 

We filled in in all the online stuff ourselves so don’t think the TA would have done it. But we can’t access now any of the info we filled in ahead of time for the cruise itself. 

Cruise was great other other than that, other than the lack of communication from Az HO. 

Edited by jo-b

Our technicians have looked at your reservation and have found that there is indeed a secondary email associated with it. They note that it was entered on the same date your reservation was made nearly a year ago. Per chance did your niece make the reservation for you?

Alternatively, yes, you are asked to enter an emergency contact in your profile. But if she was your emergency contact and  was somehow mailed a post-cruise questionnaire, then the error would be on our end.

I do know our technicians are looking deeper into this. As I said, this is a new twist for us.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Thanks Bonnie , we booked it via our TA so maybe they are the culprits. I will check with them.

BTW it is so useful having the facility to ask you for help on here.  Thanks again.