New on Orion

Little Monty

I have been told this is new and only on Orion and Jupiter when it comes into service.

It is a cooking station just around the corner from gelato bar.

In the morning - omelettes, eggs to order etc. At lunch time usually pasta, in the evenings either pasta or stir fried noodles.

We have used several times and each offering has been very good. Last night was Asia night and this station offered a chicken noodle soup which was delicious.

When I took the photo I was standing at the Portside end of the Acquvit Bar and gelato bar is in the background of the photo.

Not sure if it will be retro-fitted to other ships.

We think it is a great addition.

603B69A7-D41A-4945-A8AB-586F9466D6D7.jpeg

That sounds great!  Might alleviate the congestion that so often occurs at the equivalent station in the middle of the buffet on the other ships.  I’ll look forward to it when we sail on the Jupiter this coming summer!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Little Monty said:

I have been told this is new and only on Orion and Jupiter when it comes into service.

It is a cooking station just around the corner from gelato bar.

In the morning - omelettes, eggs to order etc. At lunch time usually pasta, in the evenings either pasta or stir fried noodles.

We have used several times and each offering has been very good. Last night was Asia night and this station offered a chicken noodle soup which was delicious.

When I took the photo I was standing at the Portside end of the Acquvit Bar and gelato bar is in the background of the photo.

Not sure if it will be retro-fitted to other ships.

We think it is a great addition.

603B69A7-D41A-4945-A8AB-586F9466D6D7.jpeg

I'm pretty sure this is where they had banquette seating facing the bar and I very seldom saw it being used.  We use to eat breakfast on the starboard side of the bar, which I believe is the side you were on, though you stated Port side.  The gelato is on the port side.  I also noticed a couple of nights on the Star, when they offered some theme dining they removed those tables and set up there.

Oh if that is where it is I am a little sad...on the rare occasion  if we ate inside at the WC that was a quieter space if you were only 2....quite often saw officers eating breakfast there!!!

3 hours ago, Little Monty said:

I was on the left hand side of the Aquavit bar (facing the direction the ship was travelling in) when I took the photo.

Apologies if I confused anyone - including myself 😀

If that's the case, you are correct.  My apologies.  It just doesn't look right to me but you were there.  I looked at the deck plan for the ship but it is the same one they have always had since the Star.  i'm trying to find the review that CC does with all the pictures but can't seem to place it yet.  Really of no concern to me but I do have a friend doing the River/Ocean Combo this spring and I'm trying to give her all the info.