Which line has largest balcony cabins?

nlb1050

:confused:

I am working on finding a cruise for 2 couples, for later this year. We are very cost concious, so we have decided one room for the 4 of us. The second couple has to have a balcony (she is claustrophbic and just oceanview does not work), while my husband and i are fine with inside.

So which line has the largest balcony?

They have only gone on Royal and we have only gone on Princess, so it would be nice to try another.

Thanks,

Nancy

HAL is very nice, but much more expensive. I haven't tried Carnival or NCL.My suggestion would be to go for a mini suite on one of the Grand Class ships on Princess. Often the minis are the same price, or less, than the higher category of balcony cabins. They have a queen bed in one part, and a sofa bed with a drop down bed above (think bunk beds) in the living room part. There are two tvs, and a large, but uncovered balcony on Dolphin Deck. There are some covered balconies on Emerald Deck but I haven't been in those. The bathroom is a bit larger and has a full sized tub, with a shower, instead of just a stall shower. That's just my opinion of what I would choose...........but maybe, you could choose an inside cabin for you and an outside cabin (no balcony, but big window) for them, for less than a balcony cabin..............

Hopefully, someone will come along that has done what you are trying to do and have a tried and true suggestion.

Have fun!

Mini suites are not always the least expensive way to go for four people. I have priced balcony rooms and inside(for the kids) and it was about $20.00 cheaper for the balcony and inside then the minisuite. It depends on the season you are sailing. Also, keep in mind that some quad cabins will have two twins that convert to a queen bed, a sleeper sofa and an upper berth. Some quads have two lower and two upper beds and some have two lower beds and a double sleeper sofa. If the people want to sleep in the same bed as their partners, the bed arrangements should be taken into account. We just came off the Carnival Spirit and were upgraded to a minisuite. A great room layout for a family of 4(we are), but great for two couples. The minisuite on the Voyager of the Sea seemed to be slightly larger and had a double sleeper sofa. Hope you have a great curise!

Check out deck plans. Carnival Miracle cabin 6232 has a large balcony.

(Any spirit class on Carnival in that cabin) it holds 4 people but the balcony alone is fabulous..

Some balconies are huge but only hold 2 people....wrap around balconies on Carnival.

On Royal and Princess the afts are huge but only hold 2 people. Checking deck plans ofr each ship will help you see what you have to work with.

If your friend is claustrophobic-- 4 peopl ein the same cabinmight drive her crazy.

We usually go RCCL and get an aft cabin and have always had a sleeper sofa in it, though we're just a party of two.

I think the sleeper would be fine for kids, but am not so sure two adults would be very comfortable all week on that couch!

With advanced planning and off season travel you may find that 2 cabins are in your budget after all. Royal Caribbean does given you a good value for the price and keep in mind, that ships vary within each line as well.

Archived