power points on Golden Princess 240V/110V?

myebelle

• 4 weeks later...

Cabins have hair dryers. They aren't usually as powerful as your own, but they are there. Occasionally they will overheat and you have to wait a few minutes for them to cool down before they will work again.  I have not been on the ship recently, but I know they have 110v. Call Princess customer service and they should be able to tell you.

As I recall, there is a 220--240 outlet in the bathroom. HOWEVER right on the outlet is a label stating it is intended for very low amperage devices like electric shavers. I can almost guarantee security would take claim of it if spotted on X-ray.

Do not try to use a hair dryer in the bathroom.  The outlet is a low amperage “razor only” outlet.  You will blow the circuit breaker if you try.  Ships electrical systems are not like utility power.  They are closed circuit and to control weight and cost, wiring size is minimized.  

That said, there is both a 120V and a 240V receptacle at your desk.  You can use your hair dryer.  If you plug your hair dryer into the 120V outlet the only thing that will happen is the drier with under perform or may not even work.  

One more useless bit of knowledge, voltage is 110 NOT 120. About the only thing you should not use, simple plug in analog alarm clock. designed to use 120. That 10 volt difference causes clock to run slow about 5 minutes a day.