Just off Harmony Of The Seas - Will try to answer any questions

23 hours ago, bonniew88 said:

The Royal Caribbean app on my galaxy says we can use it for free  wifi...is it for certain that it only works with an i-phone?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use it for free but it is quite fussy, expect some headaches connecting, but it does work.  Try disabling wifi and reconnecting if it claims it can't connect.  Also, expect the app to behave erratic, sometimes some features of the app work and sometimes they don't.

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The free iMessage capability on Harmony only works on IOS devices.  Also, this could be blocked at any time.

This is correct and this does not have anything to do with Royal App.  This is simply just using the normal text feature of an iPhone.  The iPhone can be in Airplane mode and connected to the ships wifi.  No you do not need an internet plan.  It works for free.

Edited by zenworks911

22 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cabin you were in ?

We were on Deck 14 aft with balcony's.  Very nice cabins.  If Possible, I would like to have been a bit more forward towards the elevators as we could feel the ship moving a bit more than we care for as we were pretty far back.

22 hours ago, FionaLouise said:

Hi, 

We are sailing on our first cruise ever on Harmony of the seas. Excited, anything you suggest is a must on the ship?

i see you said they have done away with the souvenir cup what does this mean?

Also what ports did you stop at?

Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

10 hours ago, JayhawkFans said:

So the $8 fee for the Royal App isn’t a working option?  We were looking forward to that as a way to keep in touch with the other 4 couples we are going with next eeek

No it didn't work, i tried, and I also asked at the help desk and they said it was discontinued.  Your best bet is an iphone or internet plan.  Someone mentioned google voice, not sure if that really works though, i didn't try.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:05 PM, chiguypaul said:

We boarded the Harmony at 10:45 last week. That's about as early as we've ever been on an Oasis class ship. We've found, on average, we're on about 11 for most RCI ships.

What time did you arrive at the cruise terminal?

I could be wrong and if I am, it won't be the first time.  My understanding that with the regular Royal Caribbean app, not the IQ, that it is standard to be able to message others on the ship, using an IPhone, with no charge.  I thought that I read somewhere that was one of the new features with this app.

I have also read that the downfall is that there is no sound made on the phone of the text receiver, so it would be necessary to constantly be checking the phone if a message is expected.  I will be on Harmony a week from tomorrow and will see how it works, if it does.

If anyone hears differently before then, please post.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I could be wrong and if I am, it won't be the first time.  My understanding that with the regular Royal Caribbean app, not the IQ, that it is standard to be able to message others on the ship, using an IPhone, with no charge.  I thought that I read somewhere that was one of the new features with this app.

I have also read that the downfall is that there is no sound made on the phone of the text receiver, so it would be necessary to constantly be checking the phone if a message is expected.  I will be on Harmony a week from tomorrow and will see how it works, if it does.

If anyone hears differently before then, please post.  Thanks.

I agree with this, except the free texting functionality has only been rolled out to Allure, as far as I've read.