John Watlings availability

Honeyroastedmelnut

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Sam The Cat said:

I have a question can you show up at John Watling’s distillery and take the tour and have a couple  of samples or is the only way to see the distillery is to go on a group tour  There is only the two of us.

Thank you for any  feed back

Just show up. Short walk up from the Hilton.

It’s a short tour with a small free drink, but you can hang the bar at the end and order a “real” drink - and buy bottles, of course.

CILCIANRQTS  Thank you very much for the information,  I checked their web site and they did not say if you have to be part of a tour group or could be by yourself even thought it appears that a lot of tours do stop there.  I sent them an email but has not heard from them yet

I gave in and we are stopping at Grey Lord? to take the chocolate candy   tour then to the rum tour then to Senor Frogs where we are having lunch then back on the ship.

When I lived in San Juan Puerto Rico tor a total of over 3 years I loved taking family members who would fly down to see me and make sure that  I was doing ok on the Bacardi Rum tour even though my mother did not drink and my one sister drank a little they loved the tour and the warm weather as compared to upstate New York in January. 

Thanks Again

Sam

1 hour ago, Sam The Cat said:

CILCIANRQTS  Thank you very much for the information,  I checked their web site and they did not say if you have to be part of a tour group or could be by yourself even thought it appears that a lot of tours do stop there.  I sent them an email but has not heard from them yet

I gave in and we are stopping at Grey Lord? to take the chocolate candy   tour then to the rum tour then to Senor Frogs where we are having lunch then back on the ship.

When I lived in San Juan Puerto Rico tor a total of over 3 years I loved taking family members who would fly down to see me and make sure that  I was doing ok on the Bacardi Rum tour even though my mother did not drink and my one sister drank a little they loved the tour and the warm weather as compared to upstate New York in January. 

Thanks Again

Sam

That’s Graycliff.

Enjoy!

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
Misspelling

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Honeyroastedmelnut said:

I know the John Watling’s distillery does not export their run outside of the Bahamas. But, can it be purchased anywhere else in Nassau or any other Bahamian city?

It is currently available in the US, and also on their website.

'http://www.tribune242.com/news/2019/jan/22/john-watlings-us-export-launch/

• Thanks 1

Scubagirl   I would like to thank you for your input regarding John Watling;'s Distillery  I am really looking toward going there since I do much in Nassau other than shop a little go to Senor Frogs then back to the ship.  I must be getting old.   I look for your posting where I am going as you seen to have knowledge about the different locations.   I usually just go to the Bahamas  but m next cruise maybe in 2010 will be to Bermuda for a week then to Alaska,  Alaska cruise will be about 3 weeks since I will be taking the train from Buffalo to Seattle and leave from there.  It is not a bad ride since I have taken the train from Buffalo to Portland for work.  The only problem I arrived around 12 noon and was put right to work which I did for the 2 weeks I was there then hoped the train back to Buffalo