Questions about Luggage and such

nyhitmen

Hello All

I have two questions cause I am quite concerned about a few things but on the phone Carnival tells me not to worry

So My fiance and I are going on a short cruise and its our first cruise in about 3 weeks.  Its a 4 day cruise followed by  7 days in Orlando. So we each have 1 large suitcase and 1 carry on so a total of 4 bags between us. 2 carry for a plane you know above cabinet size and 2 large suit cases.

Two issues.

1- When I was printing out the luggage tag it says for cruises under 5 days the maximum is 1 bag per person. Obviously that is an issue as we have 2 per person. Even though one is a carry on. I called them and they said that is just a suggestion nobody will stop you as long as they under 50 pounds.  Can anyone confirm this?

2- When I printed out the tags the tag provided only has my name on it and no tag for my fiance which makes me look like I would have 4 bags. Anything I can do about this?

Any help would be great we are closing in and a little nervous all the sudden. 

No need to worry on either. They just have the first person on the reservation on the luggage tags for the name. Like she said, so long as they are not over 50 lbs, there is no concern. They know people have different circumstances and some will need more bags and some less. And TECHNICALLY if you have 2 carry on bags for the airplane, you could carry those on board and just check the 2 parger ones at the port. (But don't do that. Just take on one carry on bag on the ship with your 1 botle of wine each and any other canned beverages you'd like to take on. And your passports/birth certificates. Do NOT forget those!)

There is absolutely nothing to worry about.  The luggage tags print the name of the first person in the cabin (this is a new feature).  Just photocopy as many as you need.  Take as many bags as you need.  Carnival's wording is just a guideline, not a hard and fast rule.  We have taken 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons (1 carry on and 1 cpap bag) each on a 5 day without any problem.  

1 hour ago, bahacca said:

No need to worry on either. They just have the first person on the reservation on the luggage tags for the name. Like she said, so long as they are not over 50 lbs, there is no concern. They know people have different circumstances and some will need more bags and some less. And TECHNICALLY if you have 2 carry on bags for the airplane, you could carry those on board and just check the 2 parger ones at the port. (But don't do that. Just take on one carry on bag on the ship with your 1 botle of wine each and any other canned beverages you'd like to take on. And your passports/birth certificates. Do NOT forget those!)

Great!, I dont need my birth certificate do i? I mean I am bringing my passport 

1 hour ago, bahacca said:

Passport, boarding pass and method of payment are all you REALLY need. Well, I need motion sickness meds, too, but... Enjoy your trip! (And if you don't know if you get motion sick, bring meds anyway. Would be terrible to spend your trip sick)

10 minutes ago, SunSeaSand said:

If you go to print luggage tags only, it will be a blank line and you can add any name your desire.   

They've updated the luggage tags and now it prints a name on them so you don't have to fill them out like you used to. I noticed that when I printed mine earlier this week.