NCL Review after 10 Carnival Cruises

Martini Mom

On 1/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, Martini Mom said:

Exactly! We all have a list of things that matter to us.The trick is to find the ship that  matches the most of those requirements.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your statement but I had to laugh when I read that.  It dawned on me that we have only had one requirement when we went on any of our eleven cruises.  That was that we were on a cruise.  No expectations other than that we were cruising.  Whatever happens, happens.

After many CCL cruises in a row, we tried NCL and were pleased with the different dining options, entertainment (love Howl at the Moon dueling piano bar) and itineraries.  We now "bounce" back and forth between the 2 lines, but are not adverse to trying other lines if we see something that interests us. (tried Royal once - not thrilled)   Our last 3 NCL cruises have been to more "exotic" itineraries for us - Hawaii, Western Med, and Baltic cruises.  They seem to have a more diverse choice of cruises for those itineraries.  Have really never had a "bad" experience on any line, however.  Just love to cruise!

I wish I could combine everything I like about Carnival and Norweigan into one cruise line. We have been on 12 Carnival cruises and 2 Norweigan, the Epic and the Getaway. We like the piano bar as well. I love the dueling piano bar on Norweigan, far superior to Carnival, but it was only open every other night.

Thank you for the post! We have done 6 with Carnival and are trying NCL for the first time in April. We love cruising and are grateful every time we are able to go. I can't wait to experience the difference/similarities between the two lines.