Jacksonville Fl?

thepoint

This has nothing to do with cruising, but I  thought I would ask here for advice since we have never been to Jacksonville, Fl.  I have been looking on TripAdvisor, but wanted some firsthand experience.

We have tickets to attend The Rolling Stones concert in Jacksonville in April.  We are driving to Florida from Connecticut.   We have reserved parking, so transportation to and from the concert is not an issue.     I am looking for recommendations on hotels that would be within 10 or 15 miles of the TIAA field.     Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, thepoint said:

This has nothing to do with cruising, but I  thought I would ask here for advice since we have never been to Jacksonville, Fl.  I have been looking on TripAdvisor, but wanted some firsthand experience.

We have tickets to attend The Rolling Stones concert in Jacksonville in April.  We are driving to Florida from Connecticut.   We have reserved parking, so transportation to and from the concert is not an issue.     I am looking for recommendations on hotels that would be within 10 or 15 miles of the TIAA field.     Thank you for your help.

Within a couple of miles are an Omni and a Hyatt, both downtown with parking fees. 

Across the river and close to downtown and the stadium is a Hilton Garden Inn on Kings Ave. They could advise you on where to eat. 

Across the river and within 10-15 miles are most of the chains. I95 and Butler Blvd (SR202) has several on the west side of I95 and heading  heading east on Butler instead of west, take the Southside Blvd (SR115) exit and turn north to an area called Tinseltown. Hotels and restaurants. 

For the most comfortable stay, I would definitely cross the river in any case other than the Omni or Hyatt. 

Do not stay at I95 and Emerson or Baymeadows. 

If you’re interested in the beach, several hotels at the beach are oceanfront and there are plenty of places to eat out there. Roughly 15 miles east of the stadium. 

Enjoy the concert!

Edited by jagsfan

Hi-

If you have some extra time when you're in Jax, a highlight is the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. It's one of the best I've been to. It's north of the city.

Fyi, we moved to Jax 13 years ago from Boston (though I'm originally from NY, near the CT border). The downtown is small with not a whole lot to do. However, the beaches are great and if you want to drive another 45 minutes, St. Augustine is fabulous. People come from all over to see it--it's a little bit of Europe--cobbled streets, old charming buildings, Flagler College has some amazing interiors with gilded dome and marble artwork, and the beaches there are also terrific.

Hope this helps! - Musing About Cruising