On Board - Infirmary

stleda124

I am on board Harmony. I have chronic migraines that a treated daily so they are prevented however I am currently having a pretty bad migraine. I was almost positive I packed my zomig but it is no where to be found. 

Does anyone have experience with the infirmary and migraine medications? 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Why don't you go down to the medical department and ask?

Because I’m in an immense amount of pain and prefer my dark room laying down if I could get an answer here without a worthless walk, it would be worth the try. 

7 minutes ago, stleda124 said:

Because I’m in an immense amount of pain and prefer my dark room laying down if I could get an answer here without a worthless walk, it would be worth the try. 

You could call and likely get a more accurate answer from the medical staff on board.

• Like 4

I can’t answer your questions about medication, but if they do not have it they write you a prescription to get it once in an island. 

Last year on harmony my 15 year old started having extreme stomach pain. They opened the infirmary for us at 3 am. We spent so much time there everyday for him to be injected with a pain killer. 3 drs on board were not sure and made us get off in  Puerto Rico to go to the hospital. They gave us a scrip to skip the ER and go straight to abdominal imaging. They said if we go through ER we would not make it back to ship on time if he could come back. Turned out one of his Ureters was  kinked and it would be ok to get back on ship till we return home. Once we got home they found his kidney was not functioning at all. He had his kidney removed. So scary. Anyway, all the nurses and dr on board were the best. I did not have trip insurance but submitted all doc to my health insurance and received all my $3,000 back. I wish you luck. 

1 hour ago, stleda124 said:

Don't walk, call down and ask. They may/may not give you an answer over the phone. But it is worth a try. Please feel better.