Social Media Package AND 250 minutes of internet

Seany527

Is there anyway for NCL’s internet to distinguish which websites I am using while logged in? Specifically, I have the social media package and also received 250 minutes of free internet. I would like to use the 250 minutes for general internet browsing and not have time spent on FB or Insta deducted from my 250 minute allotment. 

Anyone else have expierence with this?

Since the social media package is unlimited in duration I suspect that all of your communications will go through that package. I think the only way the 250 minutes ever gets touched is if you created a second account and use it for the free minutes.

BTW in answer to your question NCL can trace exactly which web sites you visit, and in fact with the social media package they do , and if you try to visit unauthorized sites you are blocked.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked onboard-  you indeed do go through your 250 minutes of internet first and then default to your purchased package.  

For this sailing I had the social media package, 250 minutes with free at see and 30 minutes because I was Platinum.  

The internet manager allowed me to transfer the 250 minutes to another person I was sailing with.  That person under their account and log in accessed the 250 minutes and with my account used the social media package.  

I did not transfer the 30 minutes of platinum.  Therefore, I used the 30 minutes first even though I was on Facebook followed by the social media package.

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

I asked onboard-  you indeed do go through your 250 minutes of internet first and then default to your purchased package.  

For this sailing I had the social media package, 250 minutes with free at see and 30 minutes because I was Platinum.  

The internet manager allowed me to transfer the 250 minutes to another person I was sailing with.  That person under their account and log in accessed the 250 minutes and with my account used the social media package.  

I did not transfer the 30 minutes of platinum.  Therefore, I used the 30 minutes first even though I was on Facebook followed by the social media package.

Thanks for the information; did you happen to ask if one could use the credit from the 250 minutes to upgrade to the social media package? I believe you can for the other packages, but I just need the social one. Trying to decide if I should buy it online before the cruise. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

32 minutes ago, BabyJane8 said:

Thanks for the information; did you happen to ask if one could use the credit from the 250 minutes to upgrade to the social media package? I believe you can for the other packages, but I just need the social one. Trying to decide if I should buy it online before the cruise. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I didn't ask, but based on my research and the criteria listed onboard, I think can only be applied to the premium internet plan.

Just now, Seany527 said:

I didn't ask, but based on my research and the criteria listed onboard, I think can only be applied to the premium internet plan.

Ok thanks -- that is what I seem to be reading although have had conflicting information, particularly from phoning NCL directly -- but I do understand that they often are not aware of what happens on board, ironically, and so I come here for the most accurate information! I'll go ahead and buy it beforehand then. Happy cruising!