Carnival Fascination

FloridaKitty15

Um, I'm guessing that if someone could not understand that you are supposed to TAKE shampoo and conditioner with you that liquid soap might be a little too complicated to understand.

Just my feeling on this one.

Oh. Okay, now I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for me Vanessa! LOL!

:mad: Hi all, I just wanted to say that I just came back from the Carnival Fascination leaving this last Friday Jan 13, 06. I have cruise with carnival before back on Sept 2001. The service of this ship is the worst. I will start off by saying, this ship is 12 years old is not well keep at all, it has a very funny scent like maybe urine. The cabin steward was nice so I thought I ask the very first night that I needed a blow dryer, some shampoo and conditioner, told him the second night etc. I never got anything. We had the same soap thoughout our cruise, they never bother to gives us a new soap, which we ask since day 1. What really got me even mad was the fact that we ask for a small table for my husband and I since it was our anniversary, they just said "No" you can not have that this was at the senseation dining room, never gave us an explanation just said NO.. My hubby got mad and I just said really loud so they can hear me ok no problem I will give a hugh complain to carnival cruise lines office, since I have the person's name I will report him. Not even 2 seconds pass they, said madam please follow me and then they sat us down. The photo gallery was so disorganized that we spend 30 mins trying to look for our pictures they we had taken a day prior.

The shore ex for the bahamas had very limited activities not much to do, we wanted to go on the Thiller ride with stingrays and they cxld that tour, thank god I did not book it before I will have not gonna my money back. Their was a broadway show on the last day of the cruise that was extremely boring. The alcohol beverages were nasty, I order a pina colada, it did not taste at all like a pina colada it had so much vodka, what ever happen to the coconut? :eek:

Now I know for sure that next time I decide to go on a 3 day bahamas cruise I will probably go on Royal Carribean...

Oh another thing Carnival "The Fun Ships" on what ship is that on, because on my was not.....

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise :( Just a few things... I always take ;my own shampoo... I never like the ships (I think all the ships now have the shampoo and soap dispenser in the showers now? So are you referring to never having the soap dispenser filled up? They have always had it filled enough to last the entire trip, so if you ran out and your steward did not respond, you should have escalated it)... as for conditioner, I wouldn't expect conditioner on the ship, and if they did have it, it would probably be the same crap you get in hotels... I bring my own. Same with a blow dryer... not all ships have blow dryers, and I wouldn't expect them to provide me one if they didn't have one. Perhaps your steward didn't know what you were talking about?

As for the dining room request, perhaps they just didn't want to make a scene since it was obvious (from your loud talking about complaining) that you weren't going to let it go easily. Dining requests are just that, requests... if they can't accomodate you, why would you get upset as to start talking very loudly about complaining? If everyone wanted a table for two, should they all start complaining?? Good thing you got obnoxious about it though, you got your table :)

And when you say "I will have not gonna my money back", do you mean from Carnival? If they cancel an excursion, you WILL get your money back.

If they were making your Pina Coladas with Vodka, you should have complained and told them that Pina Coladas are made with RUM. Most people complain that the drinks are too weak... I certainly wouldn't complain that they were too strong, but that is me :D But I would complain if they were putting vodka in a pina colada.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise... I hope your next one is better!!!!!! But as to your next cruise on Royal Caribbean, didn't you say their service was lacking too???

First of all, you cannot compare what a ship is like on a one day cruise.

Jewel in my opinion is one of the most beautiful ships I have seen.

I been in other cruise lines, yes it might find a cabin to be bigger in size, but what is lacking in one the other might not have. Example, Carnival Cruise Lines has their cabins bigger then Ncl & Rccl, but they are lacking style and decor their ships colors are too bight not my style, also Carnival is mostly for the young crowd. Rccl cabins size are way too small. The food is good, but they are lacking service. I normally take my sea sick pills this time I totally forgot them at home. I got sick right after dinner and went over the medical room they treating me like a moron. I said to my husband I will cruise with Rccl again. I spend 2 days in the cabin feeling really sick and no one bother to call me to see if I was doing better. I spent also one day on the Jewel and I love it.

The style on this ship is so elegant, the service was great, dinner you have a lot to choose from chinese, sushi, mexican, etc. We were on a suite it was so nice. I love the martini & champange bar, we had a apple martini that was very good. So really you cannot compare on one day cruise.

Hey, the OP brings up a good point here~ No one from the crew called me to see if I was ok the next morning after a day at sea either, and I can attest I felt like crap. It's CCL's fault that I had to self-medicate with a mixture of OJ and vodka. I deserve a free cruise for the blatant oversight on their part, blah blah blah

I been in other cruise lines, yes it might find a cabin to be bigger in size, but what is lacking in one the other might not have. Example, Carnival Cruise Lines has their cabins bigger then Ncl & Rccl, but they are lacking style and decor their ships colors are too bight not my style, also Carnival is mostly for the young crowd. Rccl cabins size are way too small. The food is good, but they are lacking service. I normally take my sea sick pills this time I totally forgot them at home. I got sick right after dinner and went over the medical room they treating me like a moron. I said to my husband I will cruise with Rccl again. I spend 2 days in the cabin feeling really sick and no one bother to call me to see if I was doing better. I spent also one day on the Jewel and I love it.

Hmmmmmm....do we see a trend????? Great find Lucy ;)

LMAO, yes... I saw a trend, and sadly some people will find something to complain about regardless... if you find a line you really like, I would recommend sticking to it. This poster obviously didn't care for Carnival going INTO this cruise, what in the world would make her think that by going on an older ship on a cruiseline she already didn't care for, would change her mind? She didn't like Carnival before this cruise... if you go into a situation with expectations that you will have a bad time, you will. She never once asked any questions on this board about Carnival or the ship she was going on, so obviously she wasn't THAT excited about this cruise ;) Perhaps she knew she would have a bad time, who knows. I don't wish anyone a bad cruise, but some people, aren't ever going to be happy. Find a "value" cruise, but still expect the same service you would get on a more expensive line??

I guess my standards just aren't that high, thank goodness... I personally wouldn't want the staff from the ship calling to "check in on me" if I wasn't feeling well, nor would I expect it. My doctor, who I pay big bucks to at home, doesn't even call me when I am not feeling well.

Who needs a new bar of soap every single day?

Sounds like the OP gets out on the wrong side of the bed every single morning. That's okay, if they don't go back it frees up a stateroom for me and DH next time we want to go.

Whee!

As for not getting money back for a cancelled tour ... that's just completely incorrect. I've had shore tours booked through CCL cancelled twice (including a presale booked via the CCL website for a cruise I went on last week) and have always gotten my money refunded in a timely fashion.

Ditto!

I guess my standards just aren't that high, thank goodness... I personally wouldn't want the staff from the ship calling to "check in on me" if I wasn't feeling well, nor would I expect it. My doctor, who I pay big bucks to at home, doesn't even call me when I am not feeling well.

I don't want anyone aggrivating me when I don't feel good. I'd be ticked if the staff was bothering me.

I don't want anyone aggrivating me when I don't feel good. I'd be ticked if the staff was bothering me.

I took my BF on a cruise a few years ago, and he was sick as a dog... he wouldn't have answered that phone for anything. Does anyone really think the ships doc is going to call everyone that is SEASICK??? It's a ship, seasickness happens... you might feel like you are dying, but you generally get over it. But to be SEASICK and expect to be checked on??? Wonder why hubby couldn't check on her? And really, how do you go about checking on someone who is seasick?? "Still throwing up are ya??, okay... talk to ya later" :confused:

I'm sorry you had a bad cruise. We had our most horrible cruise ever last March on our ten night cruise on RCCL Legend of the Seas. Everyone else seemed to think this was a fantastic ship. Ten nights is a long time to keep trying to make the best of everything. We had a waiter who never showed up to take our orders in the dining room. Our food was too salty and overcooked. We finally ended up eating in the buffet. I was ready to give up on RCCL, but fortunately we had a wonderful cruise experience on RCCL's new ship, Jewel of the Seas in October. Glad I kept an open mind.

We enjoyed our cruise on Fascination a few years ago. I have taken several short cruises on Carnival, and have enjoyed each of them. I am looking forward to sailing on Carnival Triumph in February and can't wait to start packing.

To all the people that made the comment if I did not pack shampoo or conditoners.

Is just a 3day cruise as a courtesy the least they could have done place shampoos and conditioners in the stateroom, like normally they do when you go to a hotel. The same goes with soaps and a blow dyer.

I have been in other cruise lines and service is much more superior then carnival.

I decided to try the 3day cruise on carnival, because I have heard a lot of comments from people that say that ship is fun.

Everyone has there own opinion on what they like or don't like, and this particular cruise was not what I was expecting it to be..

Oh boy you guys are something else.. Shampoo, soaps, blow dyer are always a courtesy regardless if your in a hotel or a cruise ship. I just think that the service in carnival cruise line was low class. I have been in other cruise lines (not for a 3day) for a 7 days and I have never been treated the way I was treated with carnival. They provided the worst service.

Hey guys everyone has their own opinion....

Oh boy you guys are something else.. Shampoo, soaps, blow dyer are always a courtesy regardless if your in a hotel or a cruise ship. I just think that the service in carnival cruise line was low class. I have been in other cruise lines (not for a 3day) for a 7 days and I have never been treated the way I was treated with carnival. They provided the worst service.

Hey guys everyone has their own opinion....

You are saying, there was no shampoo and soap inside your shower, in the dispenser????

Also, would you rank this worse service than the service you received on RCL when they made you feel like a moron and didn't call to check on you when you were seasick??

And if what you described in your post, was the worst treatment you have ever received, consider yourself lucky, because it didn't sound THAT horrible and certainly didn't sound low class. I have had shampoo and soap in the dispensers on each Carnival cruise I have been on. The newer ships have blow dryers. And no, shampoo, soap and blow dryers are not a courtesy at every hotel or on every cruise ship.

But yes, if they were putting vodka in your pina colada, that is low class :p In reading your other posts, it doesn't sound like you are happy with much and you do seem to be rather demanding... so perhaps stick with the more upscale lines... although I'm not sure they would check on you when you were seasick either.

Example, Carnival Cruise Lines has their cabins bigger then Ncl & Rccl, but they are lacking style and decor their ships colors are too bight not my style, also Carnival is mostly for the young crowd. Rccl cabins size are way too small. The food is good, but they are lacking service. I normally take my sea sick pills this time I totally forgot them at home. I got sick right after dinner and went over the medical room they treating me like a moron. I said to my husband I will cruise with Rccl again. I spend 2 days in the cabin feeling really sick and no one bother to call me to see if I was doing better.

Here is FloridaKitty bitch'n on the NCL site - already decided that Carnival sucks... RCCL is lacking in "service" (they treated her like a moron - her words - my mamma used to say moron is as moron does). ...and Carnival is for the young crowd... so what you are saying is - you are old AND grumpy???

Why would you book with Carnival with this mindset???? Oh yeah, back to the moron thing again.... oh no, that was RCCL...

i would no way have complained if they had put vodka in my pina colada ,i would just have a polite word about the missing rum, then gratefully accept it , and the vodka would be a bonus . we loved fascination ,so did our kids and we all met a lot of happy people , and great crew, the only place i smelled urine was in the mens room , which came as no surprise ,if i went into a flower shop ,i would expect to smell flowers

:mad: Hi all, I just wanted to say that I just came back from the Carnival Fascination leaving this last Friday Jan 13, 06. I have cruise with carnival before back on Sept 2001. The service of this ship is the worst. I will start off by saying, this ship is 12 years old is not well keep at all, it has a very funny scent like maybe urine. The cabin steward was nice so I thought I ask the very first night that I needed a blow dryer, some shampoo and conditioner, told him the second night etc. I never got anything. We had the same soap thoughout our cruise, they never bother to gives us a new soap, which we ask since day 1. What really got me even mad was the fact that we ask for a small table for my husband and I since it was our anniversary, they just said "No" you can not have that this was at the senseation dining room, never gave us an explanation just said NO.. My hubby got mad and I just said really loud so they can hear me ok no problem I will give a hugh complain to carnival cruise lines office, since I have the person's name I will report him. Not even 2 seconds pass they, said madam please follow me and then they sat us down. The photo gallery was so disorganized that we spend 30 mins trying to look for our pictures they we had taken a day prior.

The shore ex for the bahamas had very limited activities not much to do, we wanted to go on the Thiller ride with stingrays and they cxld that tour, thank god I did not book it before I will have not gonna my money back. Their was a broadway show on the last day of the cruise that was extremely boring. The alcohol beverages were nasty, I order a pina colada, it did not taste at all like a pina colada it had so much vodka, what ever happen to the coconut? :eek:

Now I know for sure that next time I decide to go on a 3 day bahamas cruise I will probably go on Royal Carribean...

Oh another thing Carnival "The Fun Ships" on what ship is that on, because on my was not.....

This is just unbelievable (and kind of hard to read too)! :eek: Anyway, a few observations.

1. Always take your own shampoo and conditioner with you and check to see if the ship provides blow dryers before you get on the ship! I wouldn't think of going on an overnight trip let alone 3 or more days without mine. Don't go in with expectations that these things will be provided. Do your research!

2. One bar of soap, or a reasonably full dispenser in the shower, should be more than enough for a 3 day cruise. If you asked nicely for a new bar, they really should have provided one, but I don't know why you would need one for such a short period of time.

3. As I have been told by my TA and other TA's, you can request any size table you want at dinner, but it is only a request. They don't have enough tables for two to fill every request. (This is your explanation) They probably had to take it from someone else just to make you happy and keep things down to a dull roar. Making a scene never really impresses anyone in a good way. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, I give up! Being friendly, flexible, well-mannered and having good communications skills will get you a lot farther than what I've read here.

Archived