MSC Seaside Drink Package "unlimited"

seldovia

Got upgraded to Fantastica Experience with "OBS unlimited drinks" -- does anyone know what this includes?  Looking on MSC site it sounds like upgrades don't qualify for all Fantastica benefits -- our original booking was Bella balcony "classic cruise experience" with "490NW18 - free unlimited drinks".  Will try to de mystify with MSC, but perhaps someone here has a thought?  Sailing 3/23/2019

The code 490 is the Drinks on Us package and, yes, you're correct, you will have a Fantastica cabin with Bella benefits.  There isn't much difference;  Fantastica cabins are (supposedly) in better locations and are (sometimes) bigger than Bella;  they also come with free room service (which Bella doesn't), though not the food items - just the service ... except for breakfast items, which are included for Fantastica.

The only other difference (that I can think of) is that Fantastica gets to choose early or late dining and can change their allotted time when onboard.  Bella can choose, but Fantastica choices will get preference.  However, everyone is entitled to speak with the m'D if they're not happy with their assigned times - even Bella - and will be accommodated if it is feasible.

ETA ... I've no idea what "OBS unlimited drinks" is - it may be a reference to the package that you already have included, but I'm only guessing at that.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

I believe the food items may be free, but you pay a delivery charge (I'm open to correction on this, but am pretty sure that's the situation).  The charge is/was $3.95.  It's $7.95 for a hot (American) breakfast and that charge applies to everyone, from Bella to Aurea (not sure about YC).

Here's a photo of the menu (with thanks to joeyjeremiah)

6AAEF810-A8B5-410C-A836-015409E771AA.thu

Edited by Beamafar

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I believe the food items may be free, but you pay a delivery charge (I'm open to correction on this, but am pretty sure that's the situation).  The charge is/was $3.95.  It's $7.95 for a hot (American) breakfast and that charge applies to everyone, from Bella to Aurea (not sure about YC).....

Definitely no charge for YC. When we have an early tour booked, it is my practice to go get breakfast for my wife and carry it down to the cabin on a tray. When the YC Head Butler saw me doing that she kindly chastised me and said her team would do it for us, so they carried it down we ordered from the cabin menu for the other early tour days including hot breakfast and no charges were made to our account.

Thanks, HR.  The only hot food items that were available on Splendida last year were pancakes/waffles/french toast.  We rarely bother with room service breakfast.

I would have been surprised if they charged in YC, but didn't want to state something about which I'm unfamiliar.