? about Burn the Floor dance show

betmust

We will be on the Epic the end of March and have reservations for this show.

Could anyone tell me more about the show?  The girl in reservations told me it was a dance show that takes place in the dining room after dinner but she seemed a little vague about it.

I have a 5:30 dinner reservation in the Manhattan room.The show is booked for 7pm so after we eat do we just stay where we are and watch it?

This will be my first cruise with NCL - really looking forward to it.

Thanks for any info..

14 minutes ago, betmust said:

We will be on the Epic the end of March and have reservations for this show.

Could anyone tell me more about the show?  The girl in reservations told me it was a dance show that takes place in the dining room after dinner but she seemed a little vague about it.

I have a 5:30 dinner reservation in the Manhattan room.The show is booked for 7pm so after we eat do we just stay where we are and watch it?

This will be my first cruise with NCL - really looking forward to it.

Thanks for any info..

She informed you wrong. It's a production show that takes place in the Main Theater. When I was on Epic last month they had 2 showings at 7PM and 10PM  and also ran the show twice during the cruise (forgot which days)

And yes, its a dance type of show about an hour long. Get their about 20- 30 minutes if you want good seats because although you reserved the show, where you pick your seats is on a first come basis.

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, betmust said:

The girl in reservations told me it was a dance show that takes place in the dining room after dinner but she seemed a little vague about it. 

I can't imagine what sort of telephone-game they play to train these reps. Lol.... in the MDR? 

It's a fun show, and we aren't typically "watch other people dance," types. It's spectacular.

Burn The Floor is a Latin Dance production show done in the theater a couple of nights during a 7 night cruise.  There a show about 7:00 P.M. and the same show repeated about 10:00 P.M.  The show lasts about any hour.

In addition a small number of dancers will perform in the Main Dining at least once during the cruise.  You would have to check your Freestyle Daily as to which evening and what time.

Enjoy  It is a wonderful production however the music is very loud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betmust said:

We will be on the Epic the end of March and have reservations for this show. Could anyone tell me more about the show?  The girl in reservations told me it was a dance show that takes place in the dining room after dinner but she seemed a little vague about it. I have a 5:30 dinner reservation in the Manhattan room.The show is booked for 7pm so after we eat do we just stay where we are and watch it? This will be my first cruise with NCL - really looking forward to it. Thanks for any info..

Bad info from NCL

The show is in the Epic Theater at the other end of the ship. It is one of the two main Broadway shows (Pricilla Queen of the Desert is the other) on the ship. You need to tell your waiter you need expedited service and leave for the show around 6:30. 

Thw show runs for 50 minutes. 

Think about out a whole season of Dancing with the Stars in 50 minute. Latin ballroom dancing. 

Yes, on certain nights (nights that they are not doing a show in the theater) the cast of the show will stop by the Manhattan Room and do a mini performance. You would need a table round the dance floor to see anything. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, Kmkub said:

I can't imagine what sort of telephone-game they play to train these reps. Lol.... in the MDR? 

It's a fun show, and we aren't typically "watch other people dance," types. It's spectacular.

I have a feeling the rep might have been confusing it with the Cirque Dream show which takes place after dinner 

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Burn The Floor is a Latin Dance production show done in the theater a couple of nights during a 7 night cruise.  There a show about 7:00 P.M. and the same show repeated about 10:00 P.M.  The show lasts about any hour.

In addition a small number of dancers will perform in the Main Dining at least once during the cruise.  You would have to check your Freestyle Daily as to which evening and what time.

Enjoy  It is a wonderful production however the music is very loud. 

that's exactly how it happened on the Getaway 3 weeks ago

2 hours ago, Kmkub said:

She is not entirely wrong, as some of the burn the  floor dancers indeed have a dance show in the MDR during dinner.

Here’s a little from the main dining room show on Getaway, which also had a Latin theme. The show in the theater is a much bigger production. The show on Breakaway is more of a big band type show, which I prefer more. EFF0573A-93AC-48EF-80D7-7CC03CDA3D6D.jpeg

3F1E672B-F0D2-4895-A842-BC98BAC7D95D.jpeg

Edited by geneticfreak

12 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I also can't believe the rep told the OP that the show is in the MDR! The main production show is definitely in the main theater at the front of the ship. However, they also do a solid 20-30 minute show in the Manhattan dining room at least once (if not twice) during the cruise.

On Epic last month, we missed our reservations for the main BTF show due to our dinner in Le Bistro taking a bit longer than planned, but we were lucky enough to be seated on the edge of the dance floor in Manhattan for dinner one night and caught the abbreviated dinner show. Having seen Burn The Floor on other ships, that was good enough for us. We enjoy BTF when we can catch it, but on Epic, the real show is Priscilla (IMHO)! I, my sister-in-law, and mom all LOVED it. Looking forward to seeing it again in a few weeks! 

Thank you everyone. I am glad I came on here to ask.   There certainly is a big difference between a show in the theater and a bit of dancing in the dining room  We changed the reservation t0 9;30. Dinner is 5;30 so that will give us plenty of time to get to the theater and enjoy dinner without rushing.

Thanks again...

• 5 years later...

We're on Breakaway, Sept 8, 2024 (New England/Canada).  Any chance someone knows which nights Burn the Floor is most likely to be in the theater?  Trying to dovetail specialty dining reservations.

Bill