Which nights would be formal night -- Allure?

I'm considering the dining plan for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Allure next month.  We're not really into formal nights, so we will eat in the WindJammer on those nights.  We have My Time Dining and will likely eat in the main dining room on a couple evenings and I would like to make reservations, but I'm not 100% sure when the formal nights are so I can avoid them.  With the following itinerary, which nights would be the formal nights?  I know formal nights are usually on sea days but I think it would not be the last evening since everyone will be preparing for departure.  I doubt they would do 2 formal nights in a row.  So I'm guessing they will be on Day 2 or 3 and then on one of the port days.  If I had to guess, they will do a formal night on the evening of San Juan, since we depart port at 2pm on that day.  Can anyone share what the formal nights might be?  Thanks.

1. Departure - Miami

2. Sea Day

3. Sea Day

4. St. Maartin

5. San Juan

6. Labadee

7. Sea Day

I have sailed on Alure's Eastern route twice and one cruise it was night 2 and night 5 and one time it was night 2 and night 6.  I do believe that it is changed back to night 5 for the second night which makes sense as it is a short port day.

The cruise compasses that I have seen have again made it night 5, so that would be what I would expect.  I would double check as soon as I got onboard so if the night is again changed to night 6, you can make your change.

Hi, when I was on board Allure for the Dec 2, 2018 Eastern Caribbean sailing (same itinerary as the one you mentioned), the formal nights were 2 and 6 (i.e. Labadee for the second one).

You can also try to infer the formal nights from the MDR menus, before you get on board. Launch the Royal app on your mobile device and take a look at the menus for the week -- you can look for the broiled lobster tail (for the second formal night).

Edited by moopetguy