Need Help!!!

teach01

My MIL is giving us a cruise as a gift, we booked the FOS (8-13-06) while on the AOS last July. If we transfer the booking we will get a $200 shipboard credit for our April 13th BOS. The dilemma is this, we have $500 on our FOS booking and if we transfer the booking the money goes with it. My MIL, will not return the $500, simply because she does not understand what we are trying to do. Can I transfer the BOS to the FOS booking wothout losing the $500????? I planned on rebooking the FOS to get the $100 credit while on the BOS.

Sounds like MIL is paying for the cruise, but OP already has $500 on another cruise that she wants to transfer the $200 credit for. Since MIL is paying, OP does not want to pay the $500 out of her pocket that would transfer with it. For example, cruise is $2000, with $500 to be transferred from the other booking, leaves $1500 balance. MIL would only have to pay $1500 instead of $2000. Does that help??:)

OP - just tell MIL to write you a check for the amount of the cruise. Pay the balance yourself, and you'll have $500 left.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

What she is saying is MIL is going to pay for cruise...she wants to transfer her FOS booking to her other booking (April BOS) so she can move her onboard credit, but when she does this her deposit will move with it to. Now here's her dilema, her MIL is going to pay for the cruise(BOS) but will not understand they had already paid $500 out of their pocket and will only pay the part that is due (Balance less $500 deposit)

Can they move their onboard credit and book the BOS and get THEIR original $500 deposit back from RCI, since someone else is paying for that trip?

My thougt would be to see if you can use MIL'S credit card when moving your reservation, and pay the entire amount at that point and asking them to credit your original deposit back to your original credit card.

Wow I must need more coffee :D My first question is the Freedom is already booked correct? Well if the booking is transferred to the BOS? then rebook the Freedom on that cruise the price has surely already gone up since originally booking and if it hasn't it will 4 months out thus eating up the $100 savings or making it not worth all this effort. Think my explanation is just as hard to read :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

What she is saying is MIL is going to pay for cruise...she wants to transfer her FOS booking to her other booking (April BOS) so she can move her onboard credit, but when she does this her deposit will move with it to. Now here's her dilema, her MIL is going to pay for the cruise(BOS) but will not understand they had already paid $500 out of their pocket and will only pay the part that is due (Balance less $500 deposit)

Can they move their onboard credit and book the BOS and get THEIR original $500 deposit back from RCI, since someone else is paying for that trip?

My thougt would be to see if you can use MIL'S credit card when moving your reservation, and pay the entire amount at that point and asking them to credit your original deposit back to your original credit card.

Sounds like MIL is paying for the cruise, but OP already has $500 on another cruise that she wants to transfer the $200 credit for. Since MIL is paying, OP does not want to pay the $500 out of her pocket that would transfer with it. For example, cruise is $2000, with $500 to be transferred from the other booking, leaves $1500 balance. MIL would only have to pay $1500 instead of $2000. Does that help??:)

OP - just tell MIL to write you a check for the amount of the cruise. Pay the balance yourself, and you'll have $500 left.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Thanks you two, that is correct. If only it were that easy. MIL will not relinquish anything, she cannot grasp what I am trying to do therefore she wants no parts of it!!!!!!!

Since MIL is paying why not accept her gift as is and save your credit for the next cruise where you pay for yourself.

In short, greed!!! If she were not so old-fashioned, I could get a $200 on board credit for the cruise in April AND a $100 on board credit for the cruise in Aug.

I wouldn't risk waiting until April to book the Freedom of the Seas. More and more sailings have sold out or are close to selling out. With 3, almost 4 months, left until you sail the BOS, the sailing you want could completely sell out and/or the price could sky rocket.

In short, greed!!! If she were not so old-fashioned, I could get a $200 on board credit for the cruise in April AND a $100 on board credit for the cruise in Aug.

I think you take your gift, be lucky for what you've got and thank her for it. She's your mother in law. She'll be there long after the cruise is over and them some!!! ;)

If she were not so old-fashioned, I could get a $200 on board credit for the cruise in April AND a $100 on board credit for the cruise in Aug.

And if she was really that "old-fashioned", she probably wouldn't be buying you a cruise. :)

Instead of "thanks for being so generous", I am reading "if she would just do this MY way, I'd get an extra $100 or so". Am I missing something?

Tracy

I still think waiting until April to book an August Freedom cruise would be very risky. You would get your $100 cabin credit but very likely pay more for the cabin if you can even get the type you want? Our Freedom cruise isn't until Sept and a party of 3 can no longer get a balcony period! Am I still missing something here?

BonVoyage

Dawna

People often think the ship board credit thing is a big deal but in many cases, it results in a higher cabin fare with less cabins to choose from because they wait to book while on board their next sail.

The closer you get to sail time the higher the fare will be. You're $100 'credit' can result in a few hundred dollar cabin price increase!

And if she was really that "old-fashioned", she probably wouldn't be buying you a cruise. :)

Instead of "thanks for being so generous", I am reading "if she would just do this MY way, I'd get an extra $100 or so". Am I missing something?

Tracy

Tracy,

I realize I am being a snot nose, but my greed win over my sensibility. We are VERY greatful for the cruise (and her) and let her know that EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

Archived