Princess Tour - London City Drive

ndjoe

My wife and I will be on the 12-day British Isles cruise from Dublin on June 21, 2019. My question is pertaining to the tours offered by Princess when we arrive at Southampton. I was wondering if anyone has taken the London City Drive tour. It seems like you stay on the bus for touring and only get off when going to the Pub lunch. Could you please tell me if you might be able to get off of the bus for photo opportunities at different locations? Your opinion on the tour will be greatly appreciated.

Since you are asking about a specific Princess excursion, I would suggest that, if you haven’t already done so, you also ask your question on the Princess board, where you’ll have an audience of Princess cruisers.

In addition, I would check the written tour description carefully for details, and also call the Princess shorex desk to ask your question. While I haven’t sailed with Princess, I have found other lines’ shorex desks to be helpful in providing details about an excursion. Sometimes they need to contact the tour provider to get the information. 

Separately, are you talking about a day trip to and from London when you are docked in Southampton on a port call?  If so, have you considered any private tours, perhaps with folks on your roll call? 

We are on the cruise right before yours so will disembark on the 30th when you will be visiting Southampton.  That day will be busy with most passengers embarking and disembarking the ship.  Le Havre and Dublin passengers like yourself are probably smart to take a shore excursion and return to the ship later in the day once all of the passenger rotation is done.  For specific information on the shore excursion you are looking at, you should ask on your roll call (if you haven't already).  As mentioned you can try calling Princess shorex dept. but I have found them to not know much.  I still can't get answers from them about a Le Havre excursion that disappeared from my personalizer.  Speaking of, I'm curious if you can see a shore excursion in Le Havre that goes to the Louvre museum?  It's number LEH-110.  Since you will be in Le Havre the same day as us (6/29).