connecting balconies on Glory

lobo55

I believe all balcony dividers can be opened.  We've sailed Glory,  Freedom, Liberty and Valor.  We opened the dividers on all those cruises. We had two cruises where we had two dividers opened. We had 3 cabins in a row.  They had to actually remove one of the dividers because it would have been blocking a door. Just speak to your steward and he/she will hook you up.

Google goccl carnival glory.  You will see a link to cabin info.  It will show which balconies can open to each other.  Not all of them do.  It depends on the configuration of the window & door in relation to the balcony divider.  If the divider swings back, blocking the door, they won't open it.  

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4171/~/carnival-glory-(gl)-staterooms-and-ship-features

7381        8C             185/35 sq ft

Beds: 2 twin beds (convert to king)                               
View: window and standard balcony                       
Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink   
Features: Interactive flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit, 3-closets, desk with ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table
Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to: 7385

Edited by dmdiver
additional info

3 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Google goccl carnival glory.  You will see a link to cabin info.  It will show which balconies can open to each other.  Not all of them do.  It depends on the configuration of the window & door in relation to the balcony divider.  If the divider swings back, blocking the door, they won't open it.  

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4171/~/carnival-glory-(gl)-staterooms-and-ship-features

7381        8C             185/35 sq ft

Beds: 2 twin beds (convert to king)                               
View: window and standard balcony                       
Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink   
Features: Interactive flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit, 3-closets, desk with ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table
Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to: 7385

Just what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.

No one ever offered to remove our divider.  We had booked 2 cabins next to each other for the purpose of opening the balcony door & were told that it couldn't be done due to the configuration.  So, I would not rely on being able to have it completely removed.  I wish I could remember which ship that happen to us on.  Since then, we've always checked the goccl site prior to booking balconies.  I've never seen any listed as opening to more than one other cabin.  It could be that there are certain dividers that just cannot be removed and some that can.  

3 hours ago, dmdiver said:

No one ever offered to remove our divider.  We had booked 2 cabins next to each other for the purpose of opening the balcony door & were told that it couldn't be done due to the configuration.  So, I would not rely on being able to have it completely removed.  I wish I could remember which ship that happen to us on.  Since then, we've always checked the goccl site prior to booking balconies.  I've never seen any listed as opening to more than one other cabin.  It could be that there are certain dividers that just cannot be removed and some that can.  

Did you ask? We had it removed once on the Glory and once on either Liberty or Valor.

41 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Did you ask? We had it removed once on the Glory and once on either Liberty or Valor.

You mean they literaly removed the divider completely? If so, that’s a SOLAS violation and should never be expected (or even requested).

14 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

You mean they literaly removed the divider completely? If so, that’s a SOLAS violation and should never be expected (or even requested).

Look, all i can tell you is that we had this done.  The first time we had 3 cabins in a row, we had two open and the third they couldn't because the partition blocked the door.  The steward suggested they remove the partition all together.  So they did.  The second time we had 3 cabins in a row, we knew to request they remove one of the partition and guess what??? They did. If I can find a picture, I will post it.  What else do you want me to say? We didn't know anything about regulations or violations, we just agreed to what the steward suggested.

Edited by Butterbean1000

• 2 months later...

My husband and I like our privacy and wondering if the balcony on the glory have dividers that make it private. This sounds crazy but our 1st cruise we had people climbing across from room to room on balcony. It was of course on a much older and now retired boat but since then we only have booked cove balcony for privacy. If anyone has a picture of there balcony please post!

2 hours ago, letsgo101 said:

My husband and I like our privacy and wondering if the balcony on the glory have dividers that make it private. This sounds crazy but our 1st cruise we had people climbing across from room to room on balcony. It was of course on a much older and now retired boat but since then we only have booked cove balcony for privacy. If anyone has a picture of there balcony please post!

Here is a picture of our balcony. We asked the steward if our divider could be opened and he had maintenance come and they completely removed it in less than ten minutes. The red circles on the left are where the divider rested and the arrow points to the post it was secured to. 

balcony.jpg

17 hours ago, letsgo101 said:

I don't have a picture to show you but they are not private.  Anyone can look around the divider.  Also be careful in what you say out there.  You can hear every conversation from your neighbors.

• 2 months later...

We were in 8376, 8378 and 8380 on Liberty.  Like @dmdiver said, it won’t work for all cabins. The partition between 8376 and 8378 wouldn’t work because opening the partition in 76 would block the balcony door in 78. The partition between 78 and 80 were fine.  You’ll  need the balcony door-window (cabin1)-window-balcony door (cabin2) configuration for it to work.  Our window-balcony door (cabin1)-balcony door-window(cabin 2) configuration was the problem.    I hope that made sense.   Check YouTube for videos. 

• Like 1