Daily car rental in Cozumel

Has anyone ever rented a car in Cosmel? I read on another post that someone rented a VW convertible for $32 for the day, which allowed them to explore the whole island. Any ideas?

I was there last year Again just for 10 hours) but we didn't get past the shopping and Carlos 'n Charlies!

We rented a jeep when we were in Cozumel last year. We were one of about six ships in port that day and this was our last stop, so we were pretty shopped out, so it was nice to explore the island - beautiful.

8/25 Carnival Spirit

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;8;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 2/03

Glory 2/04

I've rented a jeep in Cozumel. Doing it again in a few weeks. It's an easy and beautiful drive around the island.

Next Cruise(s).......

Sensation to Coz 5/04

Glory, Eastern 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Jubilee 6/02

Inspiration 7/03

Conquestadors! 1/04

Sensation 5/04

Glory 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Car Rental in Cozumel

from

http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/cities/cozumel.htm

Convertible 4 Passengers Manual $27.00 usd $35.90 $75.00 usd

from

http://www.national.com.mx/cozumel.htm

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

We rented a Jeep last year from a vendor near the pier and with insurance nad gas it ended up being almost $100.00. This year we are going next month and I went ahead and rented a Jeep from Avis, felt more comfortable about giving my credit card number out here in the USA. If you call the 800-331-1212 number they will connect you with the international department. I got a Jeep for 52.00, unlimited mileage and when we get there we have to purchase 21.00 insurance or put a $1,000 deposit on our credit card. Of course we will pay the $21.00 insurance. Hope this helps. Oh, we think renting a jeep and doing your own thing is the ONLY way to see Cozumel, Carlos & Charlies is fun but there is so much more to see. I can drunk off shots of "to kill ya" anywhere.

I agree, rent the car. It is a beautiful island. The roads are good and you can't get lost. All the major US agencies are there, you can reserve ahead of time. I paid $50 total, including insurance, for a Beetle, not a convertible though, for the day. It was worth every penny. I would not do Coz any other way.

Jubilee..May 2002

Sensation...May 2003

Glory...April 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived