Any delays disembarking Seaside at Miami 1/12/19?

sheffield

We came in on the Seaside on Saturday 1/12.  We were concerned, but had no problems at all.  Our debarkation meeting time was 0805.   We were off the ship, had our bags, through customs and heading to the rental shuttle by 0830.  No problemo! 

I didn't see any fingerprinting going on, but I was really only paying attention to making it through our line.  Customs only held our passports up to the light, rather than checking it electronically.  Possibly their system was down.  We are US Citizens and have Global Entry.  However, you wouldn't have known the Global part unless you checked it electronically. 

BTW.... We did tell the customs and TSA folks how much we appreciated them working in "challenging times." 

12 hours ago, Scooters said:

We came in on the Seaside on Saturday 1/12.  We were concerned, but had no problems at all.  Our debarkation meeting time was 0805.   We were off the ship, had our bags, through customs and heading to the rental shuttle by 0830.  No problemo! 

I didn't see any fingerprinting going on, but I was really only paying attention to making it through our line.  Customs only held our passports up to the light, rather than checking it electronically.  Possibly their system was down.  We are US Citizens and have Global Entry.  However, you wouldn't have known the Global part unless you checked it electronically. 

BTW.... We did tell the customs and TSA folks how much we appreciated them working in "challenging times." 

What is the earliest time we can get off?  Our flight got bumped from 12:15 to 11:30 out of Miami.  Normally that is not an issue at all.  However, with the government shutdown I am hearing horror stories at some airports, including Miami.  With that said I'm hoping to be off the ship as early as possible.

2 hours ago, mvh said:

What is the earliest time we can get off?  Our flight got bumped from 12:15 to 11:30 out of Miami.  Normally that is not an issue at all.  However, with the government shutdown I am hearing horror stories at some airports, including Miami.  With that said I'm hoping to be off the ship as early as possible.

Not sure about now with the shutdown but in past as soon as customs clears the ship for disembarkation. This has been around 7:30AM.  They are now recommending being at airport at least 3 hours before flights for domestic. Don't know about international.

To be one of the first off, you will need to self carry all luggage off.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

If you carry off your own luggage, I think that debark started at about 0700 and was done by about 0800.   If you don' t self carry, Your exit time will depend on  your "experience," cabin type, floor, etc.  We were one of the earliest off at 0805.  Others exited over the next couple of hours.   

Miami did close one terminal in the afternoon last weekend, but it only served about 11 flights. Not sure of the current status. 

We flew out of Ft. Lauderdale  and there were no problems or long lines Saturday night.  

..... Hope this helps.