Table Requests--No Confirmations!

nelblu

In past cruises, I was informed that any special table requests needs to be made 45 days from sail.  Sailing on Symphony on Feb. 2 and I requested a table for 2 by a window if it was available.  Request was made on Dec. 22, 2017 and usually in the past, e-mail confirm would be received within 5-10 days.  This time around it's been quiet.  Sent a 2nd request last week and awaiting answer.

Today, I was doing a mock booking and was having problems getting to the refundable fare cost.  System was informing me that my DW C&A # was incorrect.  Tried a few times and same message kept coming up.  Called the D+ desk and asked  them to confirm my DW C&A #,  and it was correct.  She told me that she would refresh her number.  At the same time I complained to the agent about the lack of communication from RCL dining dept.  She advised me that the table request is on record, but the dining dept. no longer sends back confirms.  Complained that this was crazy.:classic_cool:

Anyone else has had problems getting confirmations from RCL dining?

Anything that isn't working on the website is usually typical issues the RC seems to have.

I haven't heard one way or the other if they will confirm requests. If you don't have something in writing by your cruise, best thing to do is after board, head to the MDR and talk to the Maitre'd and they can help you change tables. If they can't see if you can change to Mytime and just askl for the same table every night.

I do 5-6 sailings a yr and last few years it's about 50/50 in hearing back. Normally they don't make all assignments until 2-3 weeks before sailing. Even that at times I've had a table number changed from what they sent me and once was changed day I sailed from when I checked at 1pm to when I sat down at 530pm. As already suggested if not to your liking day of sailing change it... Then with Web site, they've had issues for while now. One my booked sailings still wont show up on their site, but does on the UK site. Oh well...

Edited by ONECRUISER

We are sailing on Jewel next month. I sent my request for a table for two about 60 days out and got a response 2 days afterward from Royal that they had received my request and forwarded it to the proper person. Within 5 days they sent me a confirmation with our assigned table. We did get a table for 2 by a window. I didn't request it be by a window even. Glad it is as the cruise is for our 25th anniversary. Hopefully, you will hear soon.

For our cruise on Anthem I requested a table for 2 using that email and Thats what we got, but no email confirmation. In the past I had received a confirmation email. 

We had one lovely night of dinner just the two of us, then the rest of the week had to deal with a rude couple who wanted to be our best friends. 

2 hours ago, cruisingsince94 said:

We are sailing on Jewel next month. I sent my request for a table for two about 60 days out and got a response 2 days afterward from Royal that they had received my request and forwarded it to the proper person. Within 5 days they sent me a confirmation with our assigned table. We did get a table for 2 by a window. I didn't request it be by a window even. Glad it is as the cruise is for our 25th anniversary. Hopefully, you will hear soon.

That has been my experience in my last 7 cruises, and that is why I was surprised by the lack of follow thru and the agent answer.