Help! Friends reservations cancelled!

kimberdom

We are booked for the Feb. 2nd sail date on the MSC Seaside; our friends, who booked and paid at the same time we did, had their reservations cancelled. MSC did not notify them or refund their money, just cancelled them, saying that they did not provide proof of government (which we never did either). Now they are saying that the cruise is full and our friends have to be put on a waitlist! Anyone ever dealt with anything like this? Any tips on getting it rectified?

Update: MSc has made this right for us! They did have to switch our dates and destination, but they upgraded our room and package, and most importantly, they got us on a boat with our friends!!

We did everything exactly the same and at the same time; they got cancelled and we got a room upgrade. They have been on the phone for hours with them trying to get it fixed. I think they were just trying to blame it on my friends so that they wouldn’t be as mad but we literally did everything at the same time-together. The wording MSC used was that my friends didn’t provide proof of government